Dragon Ball Z

Re: Dragon Ball Z

Postby Hunterkirizaki » January 11th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Bowserknight wrote:This does look real good, but the only system it's on that I have is my PC, which probably can't run it. I mean, it might be able to, since I could run Metal Gear Rising, but I'll have to see how low the graphics settings can get.

Recommended for DragonBall Xenoverse:

Spoiler! :
RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows Vista (x64) / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 (x64)
Processor: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti / AMD Radeon HD 6790
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

Recommended for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance:

Spoiler! :
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Metal Gear Rising is a decent bit more demanding, actually. You'd be fine.

These are also the recommended, not even the minimum, so that's a significant difference.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Bowserknight » January 11th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Well... that works. I guess I'll probably be getting it then. I'll probably wait until after it comes out so I can get a better idea of how good it is.
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » January 11th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Bowserknight wrote:Well... that works. I guess I'll probably be getting it then. I'll probably wait until after it comes out so I can get a better idea of how good it is.

Ohoho, well since I plan on doing a stream with either Clint or Jacob the day it releases you can try to stop on by and catch some stuff!
Spoiler! :
Not sure if it'll be an afternoon stream or late night stream, depends on who's available for it.

*EDIT*
Oh yeah, it's still coming out earlier in Japan than in other regions, so hopefully we'll get a mess of info once the 5th rolls around.

*EDIT*
Looks like Bamco is planning another live stream next month that'll cover more stuff. That'll be neat.
Seven Rain

Postby Hunterkirizaki » January 12th, 2015, 3:41 pm

I found out that Dragon Ball Xenoverse is only $30 on G2Play.net, which is a worldwide steam key.

Yep. I'm tappin' dat.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » January 12th, 2015, 4:40 pm

Found out today that Merle Hay Mall has a PS4 Kiosk with Xenoverse. Me and Clint are gonna try heading out there and may even record some of it.

Hunterkirizaki wrote:I found out that Dragon Ball Xenoverse is only $30 on G2Play.net, which is a worldwide steam key.

Yep. I'm tappin' dat.

Oh damn, how long do you think that price'll be available?
Seven Rain

Postby Hunterkirizaki » January 12th, 2015, 8:24 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Hunterkirizaki wrote:I found out that Dragon Ball Xenoverse is only $30 on G2Play.net, which is a worldwide steam key.

Yep. I'm tappin' dat.

Knowing g2play? 'til launch and possibly beyond.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » January 12th, 2015, 11:16 pm

Hunterkirizaki wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

Yep. I'm tappin' dat.

Knowing g2play? 'til launch and possibly beyond.

Neat. I'll have to bookmark that'n.

Anyway we wound up getting out to the Gamestop with the Xenoverse demo. Didn't play a ton, and didn't record anything significant, but it was fun. It feels a lot more polished than the beta for sure.

*EDIT*
Fresh gameplay;

Lookin' better and better. Those maps look fantastic, too.

Also this;
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » January 21st, 2015, 10:58 am

Bumpin' this! Some fairly-major news was announced via Facebook;
New characters revealed, a Season Pass announced and more villainous characters unveiled: DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE keep on aiming higher than ever!
Omega Shenron and Gogeta SS4 confirmed to join DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE roster, isn't that great?!!!
The list of characters turned into villainous mode by Mira and Towa just got longer as Gotenks, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Androids and even the Great Apes are now confirmed! The two foes took their mischiefs even further by making Vegeta join the Ginyu Army…
You want more? Good because we are happy to announce a super-charged Season Pass is containing 3 different amazing DLC Packs for all Dragon Ball fans wishing to extend their experience. Here is a preview of the content:
DLC Pack 1 (Available in March 2015): 3 playable characters: GT Goku, Pan & GT Trunks; 4 Time Patrol quests; 12 Quests; 15 New Special Moves for the players’ avatars; 5 new costumes
DLC Pack 2 (release date to be confirmed later): Exclusive Playable Characters, Quests, Special moves and costumes
DLC Pack 3 (release date to be confirmed later): Turtle Hermit set, Jaco the Space Patroller and highly exclusive content!
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and STEAM.

Some people will be peeved about the DLC, but I'm just happy to see even more content.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » January 21st, 2015, 12:28 pm

All those DLC characters and stuff are just making me realise how much Dragon Ball stuff I don't know about. Apart from Dragon Ball Abridged, all I've seen is DBZ, and none of the movies.
It's pretty weird that I'm still excited for this game, huh? I guess I should check out all the other stuff at some point.
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » January 21st, 2015, 2:01 pm

Bowserknight wrote:I guess I should check out all the other stuff at some point.

Dude yeah. OG Dragon Ball is amazing, and most of the movies are pretty fun, too.

*EDIT*
Some amazing new info!
Even the voice’s pitch can be changed along with the addition of voice effects such as flanger, harmonizer, echo and tremolo. Players can also unlock cosmetic items.

This sounds too good to be true. I never expected the ability to mess with voices so much.

“We have the Master Feature where you can pick up a Master, like Vegeta and Goku, and they can teach you a fighting style and special moves,”

Oh god I hope this confirms that you can change your actual base moveset to mimic other characters like you could in UT.

Players can tap into the Villainous Mode using only a few select characters within the Story and Quest Modes. The option to choose a Villainous character in Quest Mode appears when the player clears a quest with a high score.

Players can visit several locations within the Dragon Ball universe and will have“some freedom to explore the planet Earth “as it exists in the franchise.”

These sound interesting too, I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

New gameplay as well;
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » January 29th, 2015, 4:50 am

Buuumping again, hope no one minds! There's a new trailer and it's pretty great!

My hype for this game is seriously unreal.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » January 29th, 2015, 5:48 am

I like the part where the girl Rules Of Nature's the Oozaru.

Now that I think of it, do we know anything about what kinda moves you can get on your created character? I wonder if it'd be possible to play as the main guy from the DBZ ripoff I made up as a kid.
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » January 29th, 2015, 5:55 am

Bowserknight wrote:Now that I think of it, do we know anything about what kinda moves you can get on your created character? I wonder if it'd be possible to play as the main guy from the DBZ ripoff I made up as a kid.

We don't know everything or just how many there'll be, but there's surely gonna be a lot, and quite the variety. Here's a vid showing off moves from the beta;

... And keep in mind the beta was pretty damn barebones compared to what the final game is shaping up to be.

*EDIT*
It's starting to look like the rumor of the roster only actually consisting of 47 different DBZ characters might be coming true.
If so they simply got tricky with the 70+ characters claim by including different forms/variants/dark versions/etc. but I'm not gonna let it get my hype down if it turns out to be true. CAC is still my primary concern and hopefully Xenoverse will get sequels to pad out the roster more.
Of course I could be wrong, others could be wrong, the guide could be wrong, everyone could be misunderstanding wording/phrasing, who knows. We'll find out in about a week.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » February 4th, 2015, 12:45 pm

Well now that the game is out in Japan and there's more definitive info floating around I thought I'd bump this thread and throw together a post to deliver something of a verdict on how the game turned out, not so much quality/opinion wise, but more "What to expect" stuff;
- Their promise of 70+ characters was sneaky and referring to the various forms and variants, (like characters having different costumes+movesets for different periods of time in the story,) rather than 70 unique DBZ characters. Basically the roster is sitting a lil' under 50 if we're talking individual characters, but that number skyrockets if you include forms and costume+moveset variants.
- Unfortunately there's no split-screen and local multiplayer is limited to the World Tournament Arena. Chalk those up as negatives for this game.
- CAC itself is still the major highlight, it's still looking robust as hell and full of fun stuff to mess with. The amount of missions and content to do with your CAC seem promising as well. Basically if you're not interesting in the creation/customization aspects of this game you might find it a bit lackluster.
- Online play in general has potential to be crazy fun and give the game longevity, it's all just a matter of how active/populated online play is, and whether it'll be nice clean fights or full of hacks/glitches/exploits/etc.
- The DLC is a double-edged sword in that each pack promises to add a pretty good amount of content, but they're also rather overpriced and seem to be on-disc content, which is always a sensitive topic with gamers. (*EDIT* According to Sergio only the already-announced DLC is on the disc, so at least a good chunk of it will be "pure" DLC.)

I'm still looking forward to it and I'm still crazy hype, but I really hope they turn this into a trilogy and beef up the content/options in future games.
So yeah. Take from that what you will. Don't go into this expecting Tenkaichi-sized rosters or a good local multiplayer experience, and at least mentally prepare yourself for online woes.

With all that said is everyone still hype? Anyone bowing out or is everyone still planning on getting it?
Any ideas for your first CAC? It's been discovered that you only start for one slot, and gain more via wishing for them from Shenron, so I've been giving a lot of thought as to what I wanna start with.
Part of me wants to start with a WOE character, but I've been growing more and more interested in making a character of Frieza's race.
Last edited by Seven Rain on February 5th, 2015, 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » February 4th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Well, like I said before, I didn't recognise the DLC characters, so I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.
But I've been realising I have less money than I thought. With the new 3ds and MH4 coming out, I probably won't have enough to get this. It looks like I'll have to wait until it's on sale or something.
Bowserknight

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games