Dragon Ball Z

Re: Dragon Ball Z

Postby Seven Rain » February 4th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Bowserknight wrote:Well, like I said before, I didn't recognise the DLC characters, so I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.
But I've been realising I have less money than I thought. With the new 3ds and MH4 coming out, I probably won't have enough to get this. It looks like I'll have to wait until it's on sale or something.

Eventually is better than never! Though if you feel it might be a year or more it's best to hold out and see of Bamco tries to have Dimps churn out annual releases like they did with Spike.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » February 5th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Bumpin' this because there was a new stream earlier!
http://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcogameseu/b/620806804
It didn't have much info that wasn't already known, but it'll be full of new stuff for anyone not diligently following this game and it's Japanese news/release.

It did seem to confirmed something I thought was long-deconfirmed; CAC VS. CAC OFFLINE.
It sounds too good to be true. That's something I've wanted since the very beginning, and something I thought people had already found out wasn't happening. I'm still taking the dude's words with a grain of salt, but if he's right about it I'll be so happy.
At the very least CAC mirror matches are possible, because that I witnessed with my own two eyes, it was at the end of the match that he claimed you can pit CAC against each-other once you've opened more slots and made more characters.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » February 5th, 2015, 6:30 pm

parts of the audio are blocked because of third party content :|
I'm gonna take a look anyway. I think if I get this I'll just make a character from my comic thing as my CAC.
I just have to decide between picking the main character, or the character most likely to do DBZ attacks.
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » February 5th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Bowserknight wrote:parts of the audio are blocked because of third party content :|

Yeah, I think that's actually a PS4 thing. When you use it's built-in streaming capabilities it auto-censors certain parts of games.
Spoiler! :
Hope that doesn't mean it's like, illegal to stream with third-party gear like an Elgato. I wouldn't want anything blocked or censored, but I wouldn't want to get in trouble for circumventing that, either. I'll have to look into it.

But yeah, it was kinda neat but not super interesting if you keep up with info of your own accord.
Bamco US is gonna be doing another stream of their own on Thursday, maybe they'll have info that EU didn't share. I'm gonna tweet 'em and ask about CAC voice effects and the supposed items that alter your fighting style.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 6th, 2015, 3:28 am

One of the things about Xenoverse I was following on was the whole custom character creation system. Ultimate Tenkaichi had one of course but it was super limited which was really horrible decision on their part. (This coming from a guy who hasn't played Ultimate Tenkaichi and probably will not because it is a bad bad game..!)

I love how much variety the player will have when creating their own Future Warrior's. Already from the footage I have seen on youtube, you can choose from three different heights and how muscular the male character looks (I dont know like how female characters will look, maybe on the busty side.. Ohohoho..!)
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » February 6th, 2015, 3:39 am

XxVanitasXx wrote:Ultimate Tenkaichi had one of course but it was super limited which was really horrible decision on their part.

There wasn't much Spike could do while stuck on Bamco's annual release cycle. There's only so much they can do in a year, though it's odd they didn't just make RB3.
Spoiler! :
Opinions though, bruh. Opinions. UT might've been silly and limited but it was ambitious, and good fun while it lasted. Who knows, it's barebones CAC might've been a jumping off point that lead Bamco and/or Dimps to push for better character creation in XV.

XxVanitasXx wrote:I love how much variety the player will have when creating their own Future Warrior's.

Yeah, it's unreal. I just hope they didn't get rid of the voice effects that the game was supposed to have. They don't seem to appear in the actual creation process but it was reported from hands-on sessions with the game so it's not like it was a simple rumor. Maybe you have to buy/unlock an item to alter your voice or something.

*EDIT*
Here's a translated list of stuff you can wish for;
http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/u ... yP4ak3.jpg
You can wish for money, unique gear, enhancement items, free level ups, unique skills, GT characters, respecs, and the ability to re-design your character.
These are pretty awesome, there's a lot to shoot for.

And apparently there was a mix up over how to unlock more CAC slots. I'm pretty sure someone from Bamco stated you needed to wish for them, but supposedly you need only clear story mode once to unlock all 8 slots. Sounds awesome.

*EDIT*
Well, here it is. The final roster in Xenoverse, watch if you wanna know every playable character/costume and don't wanna be surprised;

Note: That last character shown is Jaco, who is DLC.
It's more or less what was expected. The roster is on the light side and there are some cool costumes missing, but overall I'm not bothered. Especially if we get sequels.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 7th, 2015, 4:15 am

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT* Here's a translated list of stuff you can wish for; http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/u ... yP4ak3.jpg
You can wish for money, unique gear, enhancement items, free level ups, unique skills, GT characters, respecs, and the ability to re-design your character.
These are pretty awesome, there's a lot to shoot for.

Okay these look pretty great, getting to wish lots of items multiple times. I think that was one of the weak points of earlier DBZ games where you had access to dragonballs, but you only had wishes that could be only done once like money and what not.

Seven Rain wrote:And apparently there was a mix up over how to unlock more CAC slots. I'm pretty sure someone from Bamco stated you needed to wish for them, but supposedly you need only clear story mode once to unlock all 8 slots. Sounds awesome.

Oh yes, I was worried that the player would be limited in creating only one custom and forced to delete said custom make a new one. Very good news indeed.

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT*
Well, here it is. The final roster in Xenoverse, watch if you wanna know every playable character/costume and don't wanna be surprised;

Note: That last character shown is Jaco, who is DLC.
It's more or less what was expected. The roster is on the light side and there are some cool costumes missing, but overall I'm not bothered. Especially if we get sequels.

Aaaaw ye, damaged costumes for characters! Those tend to be the ones I'm always looking forward to and Videl has her dress from the second Broly movie! But the roster looks pretty basic for a DBZ game having main and core characters from different story arcs. And as long as Bardock is in the roster no complaints from me! No transformations for some characters of course (Frieza, Cell, Super Buu), I read that it had something to do with character models.

It's not a bad roster by all means, of course people want it to be bigger. Hopefully we get those sequels, they got me hoping.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » February 7th, 2015, 5:14 am

XxVanitasXx wrote:No transformations for some characters of course (Frieza, Cell, Super Buu), I read that it had something to do with character models.

Yeah it seems Dimps just didn't want combos/movesets changing mid-match, so they opted for all the variants and splitting up villain forms to keep you locked into whatever you started the match with.
Kind of silly, and I'll miss being able to transform through all of Frieza's forms during a match, but oh well.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 8th, 2015, 4:52 am

I've seen people getting some what annoyed for the lack of non-canon movie characters. I'm guess there's gonna be like DLC packs with quests/missions involving them.

Now DLC, it's kinda dumb that SSJ4 Vegeta is only a preorder DLC. Something they will hopefully fix.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » February 10th, 2015, 6:57 am

Sergio's been hella busy! Here're some videos cataloging all the Supers/Escapes/Ultimates your character can learn;
Spoiler! :

I like how it has oldschool Dragon Ball moves, too! I saw the Lightning Surprise Attack in there, and I'm still less than half-way through.

In other news I've been hearing some iffy things about online play like item abuse, people running out the clock, some OP moves and characters, etc. which is a bit of a bummer, but at least we've got SJ homies for 1v1s!
I just wish there were more people playing 3v3s so we could get an idea of whether team play will counteract some of the things people are abusing in 1v1s.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 10th, 2015, 8:08 am

Seven Rain wrote:Sergio's been hella busy! Here're some videos cataloging all the Supers/Escapes/Ultimates your character can learn;
Spoiler! :

I like how it has oldschool Dragon Ball moves, too! I saw the Lightning Surprise Attack in there, and I'm still less than half-way through.

Ohmygod, there's even the lullaby technique!

Seven Rain wrote:In other news I've been hearing some iffy things about online play like item abuse, people running out the clock, some OP moves and characters, etc. which is a bit of a bummer, but at least we've got SJ homies for 1v1s!
I just wish there were more people playing 3v3s so we could get an idea of whether team play will counteract some of the things people are abusing in 1v1s.

I bet there will be some future patches that will balance the online gameplay. But seeing actual 3 vs 3 matches would be interesting, I don't know why people are not doing that. Then again, 3 vs 3 matches can have their own problems as well. Like one player gets ganged up on during a match.

But I really do have very high hopes that Xenoverse will get sequels and become it's own series like Budokai and Tenkaichi did.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » February 10th, 2015, 8:44 am

I'd love to see patches for XV! I almost feel like I recall reading something about Dimps mentioning balance patches and support but I'm not sure without hunting down where I read it.
As for why we haven't seen 3v3s I'm not really sure... It might be that the online population simply isn't big enough, yet. From what I've heard most people playing it in Japan are busy doing co-op missions and the like.

*EDIT*
Oh, and Bamco US is doing another stream on Thursday! No idea if they'll be showing anything that wasn't already shown in the EU stream or made obvious via Japanese streams, but it could be cool.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 10th, 2015, 9:06 am

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT*
Oh, and Bamco US is doing another stream on Thursday! No idea if they'll be showing anything that wasn't already shown in the EU stream or made obvious via Japanese streams, but it could be cool.

They might showcase something like upcoming DLC, possible patches etc.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » February 10th, 2015, 9:14 am

Hmm. We'll see. They usually don't assume their viewers keep up with Japanese news so it'll probably simply be stuff they haven't officially shown in English, but you never know.

*EDIT*
Huh. Apparently there's gonna be another EU stream today, on top of the US one tomorrow.
It's starting at 6PM CET if anyone's interested.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » February 11th, 2015, 10:50 pm

THE DUDE WHO PLAYS NAPPA IN DBZ ABRIDGED IS ONE OF THE CAC VOICES IN THE ENGLISH VERSION OF XENOVERSE.

*EDIT*
Voice 1 is totally Launch's English VA.
Voice 5 sounds a bit like Ninja Murasaki.
Voice 6 is Toriko. (Or one of those other two voice actors that sounds like him.)
Voice 7 sounds like Wolfood? (Actually sounds a bit like JYB at some points.)
Haven't gotten to the female voices yet but I bet they're full of recognizable voices, too.
Spoiler! :
Some of it is cringe-worthy, though. Including all the "Kame-Kame-Ha!"s...
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games