Funniest Moment(s)

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby EskimoOfTheNight » November 15th, 2011, 4:13 am

The greatest moment ever is in Zelda OoT. Name your character stupid or any such name, wait a few minutes, and Navi says wake up stupid (or buthead, idiot etc.) The same goes for a few others games, minish cap for sure.
Better than your standard ninja.

-Eskimo of the Night-
User avatar
EskimoOfTheNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 12:09 am

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby Seven Rain » November 15th, 2011, 4:40 am

EskimoOfTheNight wrote:The greatest moment ever is in Zelda OoT. Name your character stupid or any such name, wait a few minutes, and Navi says wake up stupid (or buthead, idiot etc.) The same goes for a few others games, minish cap for sure.

My Mom used to play Zelda and stuff, (was better at the Zelda games than me for a while, actually,) and I remember me and my siblings losing it when we were kids watching her do the final battle because she just named Link "Mom."
Navi wrote:Mom! I can't help you! Because of the waves of darkness, I can't get close! I'm sorry, Mom!
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 24252
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby DracheLehre » November 21st, 2011, 9:02 pm

Another one was when I was playing through Star Fox Adventures for the second time. When Tricky first got the Flame command in DarkIce Mines, I went to one of the iced-over huts and told tricky to melt the ice. For some reason there was some serious lag between the command and the execution, so I found myself in between Tricky and the ice wall when he finally decided to use his fire.

My very next words were "Fire! Fire! Fire! Hot-hot-hot!"

My brother was watching this whole ordeal and many lols were had.
Image
User avatar
DracheLehre
 
Posts: 240
Joined: February 15th, 2008, 4:34 pm
Location: Where you least expect me

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby KonaTobennh » November 22nd, 2011, 8:37 pm

We're playing New Super Mario Bros, and for some reason we were having problems on World 8-Castle or something. It's the one with lava waves.

So we decide to be stupid, and use the Mini Mushroom for laughs because it was the last power up we had on stock.
I counted 8 close calls, we got all of the coins, and we got fireworks at the end.

And it was all thanks to me, the Blue Toad.

Also, when you shake the Wiimote when you're a bubble, one of the noises sounds like "They're killing me."
o-o
User avatar
KonaTobennh
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 7:15 pm
Location: The place where bad steam punk artists are... ;-;

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 22nd, 2011, 9:11 pm

Groose wrote:This place needs a name.....GROOSELAND
Image
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
User avatar
RyoSoulreaper
 
Posts: 4465
Joined: August 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm
Location: Hyrule

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby Asj » November 22nd, 2011, 10:26 pm

Hmm... I'm sure there's been several funny things over the years, but it seems like the most memorable (at least for me right now), is from when I was around 7 and me, my brother, and my dad would play Paperboy on our Nintendo. Every so often, I'd play to actually get somewhere in the game, but most of the time, the three of us would be laughing as we threw newspapers through closed windows, at little old ladies, and anything else that looked breakable. (I'm unsure if they wanted kids to do stuff like that or not, but they sure programmed in a lot of funny things)
Image
User avatar
Asj
 
Posts: 938
Joined: January 4th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » November 22nd, 2011, 10:58 pm

I was playing FF7. It was the big tragic death scene... It's the sad emotional part after you've fought Jenova where all the characters in your party walk by and pay their little respects. Cloud just stands there all morose. Red walks by, does a sad howl, then walks away. Vincent, on the otherhand when he walked along and stopped before her... Well I don't know what the hell was wrong with him. Some glitch for some reason was making one of his legs stick stright up, like a bizarre salute with his foot in respects to her death. What with the sad music playing and whatnot, and him hopping off doing the verticle splits, 'king hilarious.
Image
Image
User avatar
H0lyhandgrenade
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: July 30th, 2006, 12:15 pm
Location: Sunny sunny England.

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby KonaTobennh » November 22nd, 2011, 11:05 pm

H0lyhandgrenade wrote:I was playing FF7. It was the big tragic death scene... It's the sad emotional part after you've fought Jenova where all the characters in your party walk by and pay their little respects. Cloud just stands there all morose. Red walks by, does a sad howl, then walks away. Vincent, on the otherhand when he walked along and stopped before her... Well I don't know what the hell was wrong with him. Some glitch for some reason was making one of his legs stick stright up, like a bizarre salute with his foot in respects to her death. What with the sad music playing and whatnot, and him hopping off doing the verticle splits, 'king hilarious.


That reminds me of the time I played FF7 PC. The thing is filled with glitches, and there is this specific area where Cloud suddenly becomes an upside-down giant, and it becomes hard to maneuver. I never finished the game after seeing that, because I knew there will be a time where a glitch will come and do something horrible that makes the game unplayable.
User avatar
KonaTobennh
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 7:15 pm
Location: The place where bad steam punk artists are... ;-;

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » November 22nd, 2011, 11:20 pm

KonaTobennh wrote:
H0lyhandgrenade wrote:I was playing FF7. It was the big tragic death scene... It's the sad emotional part after you've fought Jenova where all the characters in your party walk by and pay their little respects. Cloud just stands there all morose. Red walks by, does a sad howl, then walks away. Vincent, on the otherhand when he walked along and stopped before her... Well I don't know what the hell was wrong with him. Some glitch for some reason was making one of his legs stick stright up, like a bizarre salute with his foot in respects to her death. What with the sad music playing and whatnot, and him hopping off doing the verticle splits, 'king hilarious.


That reminds me of the time I played FF7 PC. The thing is filled with glitches, and there is this specific area where Cloud suddenly becomes an upside-down giant, and it becomes hard to maneuver. I never finished the game after seeing that, because I knew there will be a time where a glitch will come and do something horrible that makes the game unplayable.


Yes XD This was for the PC. There were a couple of other glitchy moments in it, but not many that I can remember other than this, my favourite one. I can imagine that what happened in yours would have been a real pain in the ass, but all the ones I had were just at most amusing.
Image
Image
User avatar
H0lyhandgrenade
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: July 30th, 2006, 12:15 pm
Location: Sunny sunny England.

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby lovelessgirl1 » November 22nd, 2011, 11:24 pm

For me it was like a week ago actually.
I always, always scream when it comes to characters i like and dislike.
And well i was in the car with my mom waiting for my little sister to get out of Cheerleading try-outs and i knew we were there like 30 minutes early (we always are =.=) so I brought my DS and was playing Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded
Well at some point Cloud died and i was like screeching at the top of my lungs, "NOOO! CLOUD! GIVE ME BACK MY PRETTY BOY YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE THREE HEADED DEMON DOG!"
Well i was so busy screaming... i didn't notice my best friend was standing next to me at the window... and when i did notice, he was just staring at me with his "I-should-be-use-to-this-by-now-but-i-still-find-it-weird" face....And for some reason we just both started laughing our heads off.
User avatar
lovelessgirl1
 
Posts: 14
Joined: August 4th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby Molly-sama » November 23rd, 2011, 1:46 am

KonaTobennh wrote:That reminds me of the time I played FF7 PC. The thing is filled with glitches, and there is this specific area where Cloud suddenly becomes an upside-down giant, and it becomes hard to maneuver. I never finished the game after seeing that, because I knew there will be a time where a glitch will come and do something horrible that makes the game unplayable.


Was that a glitch or the part about the black materia in the cave? I remember Cloud being REALLY close to the screen and upside down for a little while and being really hard to maneuver, but it was supposed to be like that (this was the PS1 version). Not that I doubt it was probably really glitchy. Anytime Cloud jumped in my copy (and only in my copy - my brother's and friend's never does this), his head would end up on his feet for a second. :\
Molly-sama
 

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby KonaTobennh » November 23rd, 2011, 9:52 am

Molly-sama wrote:Was that a glitch or the part about the black materia in the cave? I remember Cloud being REALLY close to the screen and upside down for a little while and being really hard to maneuver, but it was supposed to be like that (this was the PS1 version). Not that I doubt it was probably really glitchy. Anytime Cloud jumped in my copy (and only in my copy - my brother's and friend's never does this), his head would end up on his feet for a second. :\


Pretty sure it was a glitch. I think it was at a point where nothing out of the ordinary was supposed to happen.

If it helps, this was after the bridge where you can get money if you fall off, I think... It's been a while, so I can't remember as well.
User avatar
KonaTobennh
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 7:15 pm
Location: The place where bad steam punk artists are... ;-;

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » November 23rd, 2011, 10:02 am

Remembered another. Watching my bro play Red Dead Redemption.

*Given instuctions via a movie sequence, telling you YOU GOTTA DEFEND THE WAGON.*

*game resumes, wagon immediately and without reason rockets staight up into space*

*Mission failed: "YOU FAILED TO DEFEND THE WAGON".*

Oh how we laughed.
Image
Image
User avatar
H0lyhandgrenade
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: July 30th, 2006, 12:15 pm
Location: Sunny sunny England.

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 23rd, 2011, 1:55 pm

H0lyhandgrenade wrote:Remembered another. Watching my bro play Red Dead Redemption.

*Given instuctions via a movie sequence, telling you YOU GOTTA DEFEND THE WAGON.*

*game resumes, wagon immediately and without reason rockets staight up into space*

*Mission failed: "YOU FAILED TO DEFEND THE WAGON".*

Oh how we laughed.

Just imagining that makes me LoL in the literal sense.
Image
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
User avatar
RyoSoulreaper
 
Posts: 4465
Joined: August 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm
Location: Hyrule

Re: Funniest Moment(s)

Postby Chaoticdarkness66 » November 23rd, 2011, 8:42 pm

This was a glitch that happened to me while playing Final Fantasy X-2, For anyone who has not played it or has. There is the point in the game were Yuna gives leblanc a back massage well this little glitch wanted to make the scene all the more awkward because Yuna was turned around massaging Leblanc's butt....

*Note this was not a cheat or a code it just happened while i was playing*
Last edited by Chaoticdarkness66 on November 24th, 2011, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Image
User avatar
Chaoticdarkness66
 
Posts: 100
Joined: August 8th, 2011, 11:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests