Songs that made you cry

Re: Songs that made you cry

Postby Oly-RRR » June 16th, 2015, 4:59 pm

mraab wrote:You and I, Oly, I think, have very different musical tastes - but this is a very nice, gentle crossover! Thanks for sharing it with me ( because you know it's all about me)!

I dunno, I remember enjoying several things you linked in D:U (do it more, so I can feel less guilty about linking songs with every damn page myself :P ) and the snow storm sountrack you wrote so I think there's a chunk of music our tastes intersect at - which is totally cool! :D I feel more comfortable these days when we all have SOME common interests and are okay with being different about everything else, comparing to high school where music you liked (or at least admitted liking out loud) sort of determined your social circle...

I need to get though other songs in the thread but I am odd about it - some days I need sad things for a sad mood, other days they make it worse. Though I guess it's all relative anyway, some people would find stuff I find uplifting depressing. This is going offtopic, I'll stop here.
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby mraab » June 18th, 2015, 12:28 pm

mraab

Postby mraab » July 16th, 2015, 6:36 pm

I don't know why. Some deep-seated emotional trigger being pushed, I suppose. Something I can't even remember, but still...
And this particular performance from their R&R HoF induction kicks ass:
mraab

Postby FourStringFingerSting » July 18th, 2015, 12:53 am

This one gets me every time. It actually deals with the departure of the band's original bassist after struggling with a drug addiction, and forcing him to part ways with them not out of hate but out of tough love. As a lifelong friend, they couldn't sit and watch him spiral out of control any longer, and the only way to get him to realize this was to separate from him.

We gave our strength
but now we have no choice.
The bird's flown the coop
and broke his singing voice.
We can't wait for you to change,
we tried...
So, until that day...goodbye.

It's evident in the mood of the song how missed he is, and how deeply they care for his recovery. Claudio's words are so effective here, and really hit home for anyone who's had to cut themselves off from a dear friend.
Check out my brand new book project on Gumroad, "This Is Jim!"
Also check out my garage punk band I Eat Stickfigures here!
FourStringFingerSting

Postby davehearn9159 » August 24th, 2015, 11:19 am

every time I listening Amy Winehous "you know I'm no good" makes me cry, especially that I've just watch film about her - sad story
davehearn9159

Postby davehearn9159 » August 28th, 2015, 2:40 pm

hi guys!
help me, my girlfriend ask me about her favourite song I should know - We meet on concert of jazz music and I remember only a few words from this song
"don't you know little full you never can win, use your mentality, wake up on reality...." - anybody can help me???
davehearn9159

Postby mraab » August 28th, 2015, 2:47 pm

davehearn9159 wrote:hi guys!
help me, my girlfriend ask me about her favourite song I should know - We meet on concert of jazz music and I remember only a few words from this song
"don't you know little full you never can win, use your mentality, wake up on reality...." - anybody can help me???

"I've got you under my skin"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ve_Got ... er_My_Skin
mraab

Postby AuroraArt » March 29th, 2016, 11:37 pm

These songs are both emotional and inspiring. Whenever you hear music, as an artist; they inspire you to keep drawing and telling stories. Music is the most powerful and intriguing form of art.

Celtic Thunder - Falling Slowly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QBRSeeM0nw

I am Somewhere - Hallways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO1mHiAni9A
AuroraArt

Postby Muntyc0re » March 23rd, 2017, 4:49 am

Christina Aguilera hurt, when I saw the video I cried like a baby
Muntyc0re

Postby Grandtez » March 24th, 2018, 4:11 pm

Demons by Imagine Dragons specifically the lyrics "Don't want to let you down but I am hellbound"
and the line "Some say it's what you make I say it's up to fate"
Grandtez

Postby DorkyBork » March 24th, 2018, 10:50 pm

"I'm going to go back there someday" I'm just a crybaby and I have a lot of so much more depressing songs, but this,, this song has a lot of memories and emotions tied together for me
DorkyBork

Postby Melfie » April 14th, 2018, 11:47 pm

My dad died recently, I cry every time I listen to "Romance de Novembro". Is a song hard to understand because I don't speak the language, I barely can translate because is similar to Spanish.
The song is dedicated to people who never came back but are remembered with love and is so lively and tender that Is surprising the lyrics are actually so deep.

"November returned
and sing this old song to the one who forgot."
Burry the seeds said Daniel,
without regret, without name or law,
I started my journey leaving the fears behind.
And there they are the lights of earth, Amada, Adrián Manuel.
At the top of the sky stars fell for whom
never came back.
This is not a love story".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0PSCp1 ... xyQDXIwRWw

Is very emotional to me at least.
Melfie

Previous

Return to Music