Does music influence your comic?

Re: Does music influence your comic?

Postby Oce » December 29th, 2013, 7:57 am

I'm always on the hunt for inspiring music -- for my current comic project, I tend to listen to a lot of early 2000's alternative rock, since that's the overall feel I'd like to have for one of the main characters, and some very specific songs for the other that helps me get in the mood to write in his "voice". I'm also cheesy and like to put songs to certain scenes in my head, though I don't use them as actual inspiration when I'm writing or drawing ha ha ha.

I actually find that when it comes to drawing pages it's better if I listen to something I can just shut off to, like BT (specifically the Monster soundtrack and This Binary Universe).
Oce

Postby Ex-Agent Ra » August 6th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Yes! when I listend to some songs I'm like "yes this would be the theme song for this character in my comic" and I sort of music videos for those songs in my mind even though they don't have much to do with the actuall plot of the comic XP
Ex-Agent Ra

Postby cornelius7 » June 21st, 2016, 3:26 am

Wholeheartedly. My comic was inspired singlehandedly by two songs "Feral Love" by Chelsea Wolfe and "The History of Artemisia" by Junkie XL. I HAVE to listen to music when making the comic. I act out the scenes in my head and in my backyard all with music playing in my head
cornelius7

Postby Zarl » June 21st, 2016, 8:00 pm

Sort of? I try to listen to the same kind of ambiance if I am doing something more cohesive in strip form, but sometimes it changes. Usually it is music to fit the mood I want to draw in though.
Zarl

Postby Otto Gruenwald » October 15th, 2018, 10:00 pm

I'm going for the feel of an Outer Limits episode with my comic with Stardust being the bear. Naturally, the soundtrack is in my head whenever I script for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLNIpVZAVs&t=361s
Otto Gruenwald

Postby Ulta » October 16th, 2018, 1:59 am

Sorta yes and sorta no, but mostly yes. There is music I listen to that gives me a huge 'feel' for how the world I'm portraying in my comic is. And there are specific tunes I've found that I've envisioned several 'scenes' with.

I'd say it's more inspirational than it is 'influential, since nothing I listen to seems to really change anything in the comic. Maybe sometimes a song might give me a different idea for a scene, but it's rare (but when it happens, it's usually nice).

Btw I listen to a lot of Two Steps from Hell/Thomas Bergersen, and Ivan Torrent. I like my epic tunes, and the electronic/orchestral hybrid music is just godly to my ears.
Ulta

Previous

Return to Music