Comment Battle!

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

Comment Battle!

Postby ShinyHoundoom229 » March 31st, 2013, 11:03 pm

A virtual battlefield for users to fight to their hearts content!

First, some ground rules: Everyone starts out with 5000 HP and 500 MP. You can only act once per turn (banter does not count). The goal is to see how many people you can defeat before you get beat.

You are free to create whatever kind of attacks your imagination can conjure up, but there are some restrictions. You are permitted 4 melee attacks, 4 magic attacks, 4 special physical attacks, 4 special magic attacks, and 1 ultimate attack that can only be used when you have 100 HP or less.

You are free to add more attacks into one category, with the exception of your ultimate, but must take one out of another. Removing your ultimate will allow you to add 3 more attacks to add into whichever category you like. Also, your ultimate attack must have a side effect on you. (i.e. drains you of all your MP.)

The total damage (both dealt and healed) of your attacks in each category can't exceed 500 for your 2 regular categories, 1000 for your 2 specials categories, and 2500 for your ultimate, with another 100 added with every extra move and 50 taken away for every move removed. If you do this, with the exception of healing, make sure to give normal attacks that deal 300+ damage and special attacks that deal 600+ a side effect. (i.e. can't move next turn.) If you choose to remove your ultimate, the total damage limit for either normal or special will double. Moves that don't do immediate damage or none at all, like status aliments and buffs, are not counted towards the total damage.

You are also permitted to have up to 5 items with you. You can have any kind of item with you to use at anytime you like during the fight as long as they aren't insta-kill or reviving items (i.e. No Holy Hand Grenades and Phoenix Downs) or do more damage than your strongest normal/special attack, but can only be used once and they can't all have the same effect. (i.e. you can't have both a Max Potion and a Maxim Tomato.)

Weapons are not counted as inventory items, so bring as many as you like. Just know this: If you want to change weapons midbattle, you must give up a turn. If you choose to have a weapon, it can have a minor effect that aids you. But only one effect for one weapon.

If you wish not to attack, you can choose to defend, which will half all damage you receive, charge, which will double the damage of your next attack, swap or unequip weapons, use a deux ex machina to save yourself from any attack once, or run away if you wish to forfeit.

Can you create the perfect balance and defeat your enemies in bloody combat?!

If you wish to participate, make sure you create a bios for your character. Here's mine as an example.

Name: ShinyHoundoom
Race: Human/Houndoom
Powers/Talents: Powers over fire and darkness, expert swordsman, expert brawler, decent black mage.
Weapons/Abilities: Dragonfang (double-edge sword) and Sapphire Hound (shield, similar to Link's, +10% damage reduction when blocking) used as pair. Fists n' Feet. Dark Fire.
Melee: *Fire Fang (100), Night Slash (150), *Blaze Kick (200). Total Damage: 450
Magic: *Fira (100, 10 MP), Cura (250, 25 MP). Total Damage: 350
Special Melee: *Rising Comet Punch (250), Demon Slash (300, 50 recoil, Sword), Great Spin (350, lose next turn, Sword), *Blaze Blade (400, 100 recoil, Sword). Total Damage: 1300
Special Magic: Curaga (500, 50 MP), Ifrit Summon; Hellfire (500, 100 MP, flips coin: Heads; hit, Tails; damages self), Dark Fire (100 MP, upgrades fire to Dark Fire, *doubles fire-based attacks). Total Damage: 1000
Ultimate: Demon Lord Houndoom (2500, requires Sword and Dark Fire, lose next turns)
Items: Max Potion (heals to max), Turbo Ether (restores MP to max), Elixir (restores both HP & MP to max), Full Heal (heals all status ailments), ShinyHoundoom's Pokeball (avoids attacks).

Sorry for the long explanation. Fight fair and have fun!
Last edited by ShinyHoundoom229 on April 1st, 2013, 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guy in the Smash Training Day commercial wrote:TORNADO UPPERCUT!
ShinyHoundoom229

Re: Comment Battle!

Postby kingdomguy15 » April 1st, 2013, 1:37 pm

hmmm interesting

well then until we get some other competitors, might as well throw myself in there.

Name: kingdomguy15
Race: Human?
Powers/Talents: unknown. subject can not exert full potential without other half.
Weapons/Abilities:currently uses a light bringer and Yamato [note: once per turn blade can be switched out[use 1 turn] cannot use both without hazardous repercussions]
Melee: *. quick slice(75) jump Slice(75) stinger [yamato only](125) [lightbringer only]light slash (125) Total Damage: 400
Magic: *lesser swords(50 per blade,10 mp for each one brought out and an extra 5mp to launch each one, if chosen to do so. can have up to 6 out ), heal(300,30mp). Total Damage: 300
Special Melee:.[Yamato only] sword barrier:[*note must summon lesser swords first*takes one turn to form and another to use. Lasts 2 turns before breaking effect happens every time an attack is declared.](300) [Light bringer only] Divine sword:(500, loses turn after attack)*sword assault*has to summon swords first*(500Total Damage): 1300
Special Magic:,Holy(500, 75mp) Regen(lose a turn using but recover 500. lasts up to 4 turns,80mp) judgement cut(500,99mp *cuts self in process take 200 as recoil*) Heal More(500,70mp)Total Damage: 1000
Ultimate: [pending on weapon equipped ]:
Light bringer(Holy Diver: attack replenishes up to 75% health and rains holy after crashing into one target (1500). holy rain,(250 to the nearest four in range))Grand total:2500
Yamato(Last Resort: Impale one target and try to take them with you in a vortex of endless cuts(2000), 125 to the four nearest impact . Grand total:2500
WARNING:ATTACK WILL KILL USER MOMENTS AFTER FINISHED SO ONLY USE IF YOU ARE TRULY DESPERATE !!!!!!)
Items: Elixir (restores both HP & MP to max), Remedy (heals all except ko stat), De-evolution spray(for those pokemon with evolutions), 1 Mana Prism(restores all MP) and a X -potion(heals 2000HP)

Location: standing dramatically on top of a pillar outside a temple of sorts waiting to ambush unsuspecting travelers

let the games begin...
Last edited by kingdomguy15 on April 29th, 2013, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingdomguy15

Postby corruption » April 2nd, 2013, 5:28 am

Name: Nixra.
Race: see above.
Powers/talents: Trained as a Shaman of the Dark. Power over Spirits, some psychic power, skilled with shadowmagic and bardic magic. Very skilled in armed and unarmed combat.
Weapons/abilities: it's body in all aspects; a Katana, Shadowcloack shields like armor, but is flexible and lightweight. Shadow magic. Psychic attacks. Power over spirits. Can channel totems for power, so I will be limiting it to the Felinus Prime, giving it things like catlike abilities, and claws that can cut through most armor. Can channel power to it's totems, rendering energy based attacks useless.

Melee: Swordfighting (200) Unarmed combat (150) Returned weapon, which is where control of an oncomming weapon is taken by Nixra and the weapon used against it's normal user (149). Bloodspit, where blood is spat into an enemy's eyes blinding them for one turn without much real damage (1)

Magic: Shadow blades (200) (20mp), Sound blast (100) (10mp), soul search, forcing people to see how others see them with all their flaws (50) (4mp) Bio-fuck; fucks up a persons biology, so invulnerable shield are stuffed. Can't be healed for one turn, else the body heals wrong (150) (25mp)

Special Melee: Soul sword (300), Deathcat martial arts (300) Shadow clone (350)

Special Magic: Shadow door; opens a short lived portal to one opponents insides, but aiming in combat is a bitch (300) (20mp) Sound Blast sonic boom that blasts everyone on physical and spiritual levels (300) (20mp). Mind fuck, Sends the target into a rage where they trying to kill everyone except Nixra (350) (10mp)

Ultimate: Soul Leach. It allows Nixra to drain the spiritual power of those around it, restoring its health by 2500, which is what the others are drained of. (ain't I an arsehole?) side effect is that Nixra enters a kind of high afterwards and lacks self control for a bit. This means it has lowered defenses for the next 3 turns, and also won't be able to focus on complex attacks or strategies. It is much more likely to go insane and sing dirty limericks as it tries to kill everything.

Equipment: Necklace of trapped souls (each one is a kill. Plenty of room for more. Helps make sure it's enemies never bother it again, and lets it drain them of their essence, restoring full health and power.) Light stones, (When used they explode into light searing the eyes and other light sensing organs people have, unless they are prepared for it. it blinds them for one full turn.) RTS ring (sends damage back to those who sent it. One move to equip, but can only be used on one turn.) Lynch ring, (Only to be used when wearer is going to die. It turned the wearer into an undead mage, allowing them to use their death to infuse a spell with extra power. Every remaining HP wearer has when they use it equal one HP damage the others receive. The wearer only survives on MP, When MP run out, the undead is gone.)

I really am an arsehole. Guess who everyone will be attacking first now?
Last edited by corruption on April 20th, 2013, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all corrupt in our own ways
corruption

Postby ShinyHoundoom229 » April 2nd, 2013, 9:37 am

I'm gettin' bored of waiting for more people, so let's just start this damn thing already!

One last thing before we start: The order of everyone's turns is shown by the comment order. In this case, I'm first, kingdomguy's second, and Nix's last before it cycles again. And just for the sake of continuity, the location will be the temple kingdomguy mentioned set in some random jungle. We'll call it... "The Hidden Temple of Smackjeeves!"

And with that... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

*walking through jungle* Alright, where's my first opponent?

*looks at temple pillar* Oh hey! My first victim! And he doesn't notice me! Heh, heh, heh...

[ShinyHoundoom used Fira on kingdomguy!] [kingdomguy loses 100 HP!]

HP: 5000
MP: 490
ShinyHoundoom229

Postby kingdomguy15 » April 2nd, 2013, 9:57 am

ghhaaaaaaaaaa

*falls and lands dramatically*

*looks up*

...you again?!

man it's always something. very well i wanted to pay you back for destroying my last coat.

*draws Light bringer*

here I come!

[kingdomguy attacks ShinyHoundoom with a jump slash] [ShinyHoundoom loses 75 HP]

HP:4900
MP:500

...there is another here among us... he is close though almost as if...
kingdomguy15

Postby corruption » April 3rd, 2013, 2:17 am

Nixra watched the two other fighting and smiled. Things were going to get amusing.

When one was strike at the other with a sword made of light, Nixra struck him in with its own sword. In the chaos caused nixra's victims attack on the fire mage, none would realize that Nixra had attacked, gut that when the one with the sword of light struck the mage, the swordsman was injured.
-----------------------
[Nixra uses swordfighting on kingdomguy.] [kingdomguy looses 200 hp]

HP: 5000
MP: 500
corruption

Postby ShinyHoundoom229 » April 3rd, 2013, 7:24 am

Oh, so that's how ya wanna play huh? Fine! Let's play... Swordplay that is!

[ShinyHoundoom equips Dragonfang and Sapphire Hound!]

HP: 4925
ShinyHoundoom229

Postby kingdomguy15 » April 3rd, 2013, 11:04 am

kuh!!!

so that's where you were hiding. I should have know better when dealing with you. but the games end here.

*turns around*

...you aren't a shadowbeing... well that's ok I need some practice with shadowy cloaked figures anyway.

*rushes towads nixra*

HP:4700

hmm just what are you anyway?
kingdomguy15

Postby bartekolo » April 3rd, 2013, 4:45 pm

Name: Jake
Race: Human
Powers/Talents: Powers over light and electricity, swordsman, expert brawler, teleporting powers (max 10 meteres).
Weapons/Abilities: Sword and Mighty Shield(shield, wchich gives you +10% of your actual health. Works ONLY if used in DEFEND mode.), Fists n' Feet(obviously) Light, electricity.
Melee: *Power Kick (100), *Power Slash (200), *Swing of destiny (200). Total Damage: 500
Magic: *Light Strike (100, 20 MP), *Heal (+150HP, 15 MP), *Electric Punch(250 30MP) Total Damage: 500
Special Melee: *Stab Combo (250), Slash of Doom (500, Can't use next turn), *Blade of Destiny(250). Total Damage: 1000
Special Magic: Light Bulb (500, 40 MP), *Shock (400, 30MP), Double Zap(100 MP, doubles all attacks for 2 next turns -50HP). Total Damage: 1000
Ultimate: Mighty Lightning Strike (2500, requires Sword and Double Zap, 30MP, looses Double Zap after this, can't use this attack before healing and loosing HP again)
Items: Heal Potion (heals to max), Turbo Ether (restores MP to max), Elixir (restores both HP & MP to max), Turbo Boost (gives you double HP points from damage you'll cause or MP [you need to choose one] in next turn), Shield (+10 HP blocks all attacks for an turn, need to wait min. 2 turns before using again).

———————————

A young warrior goes through an jungle and just sees an old temple- the legendary Temple of Smackjeeeves! Then he sees some guys Battling.

-Heh, looks like we'll meet again in a while.
Last edited by bartekolo on April 4th, 2013, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartekolo

Postby ShinyHoundoom229 » April 3rd, 2013, 6:31 pm

Since bartekolo is joining in, I'll go ahead and say that any newcomers will have their turn last. In this case, bart will go after Nix, whoever joins in next will go after bart, and so on and so forth.
ShinyHoundoom229

Postby corruption » April 4th, 2013, 3:19 am

A proper light based weapon! Best send it back to the guy.

------------
[Nixra uses Returned Weapon on Kingdomguy] [kingdomguy lost 149 HP]

HP: 4875

bartekolo, I noticed with Jack's states two problems. You one have 3 of each attack, instead of the 4. Take 50 hp damage off class of attack, except for ultimate. Also, Elixir and Full Heal are basically the same. That is also forbidden in the rules.
corruption

Postby bartekolo » April 4th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Hi ShinyHoundoom! we meet again!

---------------------------

[Jake used Power Slash on ShinyHoundoom] [ShinyHoundoom lost 200 HP]

HP:5000

---------------------------

Also, Nixra; We CAN have four attacks but WE MUSTN'T have four of them. As long as they fit in 500 HP damage.
bartekolo

Postby ShinyHoundoom229 » April 4th, 2013, 1:58 pm

I'll let the move thing slide for now. The rules are overly-complicated, anyway. I'll make them less complex next time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well, well! If it isn't bart! I haven't seen you since you ditched us back at that really long comment battle on WCDA! Ya finally got the nerve to fight me like a man?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ShinyHoundoom used Demon Slash!] [bartekolo lost 300 HP] [ShinyHoundoom lost 50 HP in recoil!]

HP: 4675
ShinyHoundoom229

Postby kingdomguy15 » April 4th, 2013, 2:42 pm

*pulls sword out of gut*

that move...it feels so famillar...

*grins*

I'll give you credit, you hurt, but I'm just getting warmed up!!!!!

[kingdomguy summons 6 swords]

HP:4551

MP:440

wha? where did he go now? ... camouflage perhaps? no, that's not his style... I wonder...
kingdomguy15

Postby corruption » April 5th, 2013, 3:26 am

Six swords? That isn't fair.

Still, he must only be able to use them a short time. Think I can hinder him.

--------------

[Nixra uses bloodspit on Kingdomguy.] [Kingdomguy looses 1 HP and must miss a turn.]

HP: 4875
corruption

Next

Return to Forum Games