Describe a Film Badly

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

Re: Describe a Film Badly

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » February 8th, 2015, 5:49 pm

eishiya wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:
... BUBBA HO-TEP? HOW DID I NOT GUESS AFTER 2) Big Trouble in Little China 3) They Live??

Bubba Ho-Tep isn't John Carpenter, it's Don Coscarelli xP

Now I feel like ninny.

Also it was a film I hadn't seen; Is it Elvis the 1979 Elvis television biopic?
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby eishiya » February 8th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:
eishiya wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:
... BUBBA HO-TEP? HOW DID I NOT GUESS AFTER 2) Big Trouble in Little China 3) They Live??

Bubba Ho-Tep isn't John Carpenter, it's Don Coscarelli xP

Now I feel like ninny.

Also it was a film I hadn't seen; Is it Elvis the 1979 Elvis television biopic?

That was my guess but apparently I was wrong.

Ah, here's another, hopefully not too obscure (it was on Netflix, at least):
Dude is an awful person. Dude loses his limbs in the war. Dude is glorified as a war hero. His wife takes care of him. Dude is still an awful person.
eishiya

Postby mikemacdee » February 8th, 2015, 7:39 pm

eishiya wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Also it was a film I hadn't seen; Is it Elvis the 1979 Elvis television biopic?

Ahh, man, you guys are so close it's hilarious. Maybe you're looking at the clue all wrong. Try reading it like an eye exam.
mikemacdee

Postby eishiya » February 8th, 2015, 7:45 pm

mikemacdee wrote:
eishiya wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Also it was a film I hadn't seen; Is it Elvis the 1979 Elvis television biopic?

Ahh, man, you guys are so close it's hilarious. Maybe you're looking at the clue all wrong. Try reading it like an eye exam.

Escape from New York! (or LA, depending on how voluntary "willingly" has to be). But how dare you compare Snake Plissken to Elvis, even if they are played by the same actor!
eishiya

Postby mikemacdee » February 9th, 2015, 1:29 am

Ha-haa! John Carpenter Power Round finally draws to a close. Kurt Russel did in fact play both Elvis and Snake Plissken, and both times under John Carpenter.
mikemacdee

Postby avian-reader » February 18th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Ddraigeneth wrote:
mitchellbravo wrote:
avian-reader wrote:A racist society which did everything using brutal slave labour is depicted as saving civilisation from the slavery of another society which historically actually freed a lot of slaves. Possibly because of East-West dichotomy racism?

Total guess having not seen it, 300??

That was my guess.

You got it! Finally I think I'm getting the hang of this, not having to give a billion hints xD

DamnItSammit wrote:An elderly lady tells the story of her life, and her house is condemned in the end.

I honestly haven't a clue. Curious Case of Benjamin Button? Though that's less her life and more his, and does she lose her house in the hurricane?

A romantic comedy about a kick-ass priest and a nurse who gives good head, who are brought together by the plight of an irritable old lady and her hapless son.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby DamnItSammit » February 18th, 2015, 6:56 pm

DamnItSammit wrote:An elderly lady tells the story of her life, and her house is condemned in the end.

I honestly haven't a clue. Curious Case of Benjamin Button? Though that's less her life and more his, and does she lose her house in the hurricane?

[/quote]

Nope! She was committed to a home for dependent elderly people! Another lady destroys a wall and decides to put it back up because of the old lady.
DamnItSammit

Postby mikemacdee » February 23rd, 2015, 3:15 am

avian-reader wrote:A romantic comedy about a kick-ass priest and a nurse who gives good head, who are brought together by the plight of an irritable old lady and her hapless son.

"I KICK ARSE FOR THE LORD!"

The answer would be Dead Alive. And may I also say, ew.
mikemacdee

Postby avian-reader » February 25th, 2015, 4:25 pm

mikemacdee wrote:
avian-reader wrote:A romantic comedy about a kick-ass priest and a nurse who gives good head, who are brought together by the plight of an irritable old lady and her hapless son.

"I KICK ARSE FOR THE LORD!"

Woohoo 10/10! :D

I'd try that old lady one again, but I honestly haven't a clue.

A guy gets the girl, kills the bad guys, and saves thousands of people from certain death. Or gets mentally screwed up, take your pick...
avian-reader

Postby Nondescript » February 25th, 2015, 5:45 pm

avian-reader wrote:
mikemacdee wrote:
avian-reader wrote:

Woohoo 10/10! :D

I'd try that old lady one again, but I honestly haven't a clue.

A guy gets the girl, kills the bad guys, and saves thousands of people from certain death. Or gets mentally screwed up, take your pick...

I think that movie is "John Dies in the End". I might into have the name right.

So this girl kills her sister and her step father brings her to a mental hospital so she can forget that her step father tried to kill her and her sister for inheritance money, so she goes insane? and thinks she's a stripper. She uses 'dancing' to get a key, a lighter, a knife and a map to escape with her friends, fantasizing about fighting crazy things for every object. In the end, the girl dies but one of her friends makes it.
Nondescript

Postby mikemacdee » February 25th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Nondescript wrote:
avian-reader wrote:A guy gets the girl, kills the bad guys, and saves thousands of people from certain death. Or gets mentally screwed up, take your pick...

I think that movie is "John Dies in the End".

Or Total Recall, since he's using a line directly from the film. 8-)

A manga artist visits a theme park, only to discover that it's the base of operations for a diabolical alien invasion. Then the theme park's mascot shows up in the flesh and wrecks their shit.
mikemacdee

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » February 25th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Nondescript wrote:So this girl kills her sister and her step father brings her to a mental hospital so she can forget that her step father tried to kill her and her sister for inheritance money, so she goes insane? and thinks she's a stripper. She uses 'dancing' to get a key, a lighter, a knife and a map to escape with her friends, fantasizing about fighting crazy things for every object. In the end, the girl dies but one of her friends makes it.

Sucker Punch? Is it Sucker Punch?
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Nondescript » February 25th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:
Nondescript wrote:So this girl kills her sister and her step father brings her to a mental hospital so she can forget that her step father tried to kill her and her sister for inheritance money, so she goes insane? and thinks she's a stripper. She uses 'dancing' to get a key, a lighter, a knife and a map to escape with her friends, fantasizing about fighting crazy things for every object. In the end, the girl dies but one of her friends makes it.

Sucker Punch? Is it Sucker Punch?

'Tis. Good job.
Nondescript

Postby avian-reader » March 10th, 2015, 11:36 am

mikemacdee wrote:
Nondescript wrote:
avian-reader wrote:A guy gets the girl, kills the bad guys, and saves thousands of people from certain death. Or gets mentally screwed up, take your pick...

I think that movie is "John Dies in the End".

Or Total Recall, since he's using a line directly from the film. 8-)

Yup, sorry Nondescript but it was Total Recall :)
avian-reader

Postby Supahsnail » March 13th, 2015, 9:54 am

A military recruitment video disguised as a gay romance disguised as an action movie.
Supahsnail

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games