The "kill this thread" game. Game over

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby kevansevans » January 26th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Spoiler! :
eishiya wrote:
SUGauthor wrote:Except the only way to interact with this game is to reset it. If I wait 3 months until right before someone else will win and post I'm just going to have to wait another 3 months. Waiting does no good in this game.

It saves you the time of making all those extra posts, and keeps everyone else from eyerolling when this otherwise uninteresting thread is bumped earlier than it needs to be. I think waiting might make it more fun too - it adds the challenging of remembering this game exists even when it's not at the top of the forum.


Spoiler! :
Image
User avatar
kevansevans
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby SUGauthor » January 26th, 2015, 3:42 pm

eishiya wrote:
SUGauthor wrote:Except the only way to interact with this game is to reset it. If I wait 3 months until right before someone else will win and post I'm just going to have to wait another 3 months. Waiting does no good in this game.

It saves you the time of making all those extra posts, and keeps everyone else from eyerolling when this otherwise uninteresting thread is bumped earlier than it needs to be. I think waiting might make it more fun too - it adds the challenging of remembering this game exists even when it's not at the top of the forum.



I still don't see how it's saving me time. If I wait for couple weeks for the thread to fall down and then I bump it, that just means I waited a couple weeks before I tried to win again. Honestly it seems kind of mean to me, because if I'm intentionally waiting to bump, I'm just giving whoever's currently winning false hope. What am I missing here?
User avatar
SUGauthor
 
Posts: 198
Joined: June 9th, 2013, 11:37 pm
Location: Mobius

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby eishiya » January 26th, 2015, 10:17 pm

SUGauthor wrote:
eishiya wrote:
SUGauthor wrote:Except the only way to interact with this game is to reset it. If I wait 3 months until right before someone else will win and post I'm just going to have to wait another 3 months. Waiting does no good in this game.

It saves you the time of making all those extra posts, and keeps everyone else from eyerolling when this otherwise uninteresting thread is bumped earlier than it needs to be. I think waiting might make it more fun too - it adds the challenging of remembering this game exists even when it's not at the top of the forum.



I still don't see how it's saving me time. If I wait for couple weeks for the thread to fall down and then I bump it, that just means I waited a couple weeks before I tried to win again. Honestly it seems kind of mean to me, because if I'm intentionally waiting to bump, I'm just giving whoever's currently winning false hope. What am I missing here?

I was referring to the time you have to take to type up the posts.
I don't think it's mean, it's not false hope since there's still the hope that you and the others might forget this game exists. And if there is truly no such hope at all, then I must say - I worry about you xP
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby corruption » February 1st, 2015, 5:15 am

Don't any of you have better things to do then focus on this thread.
Let's just all leave this thread alone and get on with our lives (and make me the winner)
We are all corrupt in our own ways
User avatar
corruption
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: January 20th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby The_Hankerchief » February 1st, 2015, 7:27 am

corruption wrote:Don't any of you have better things to do then focus on this thread.
Let's just all leave this thread alone and get on with our lives (and make me the winner)

No.
sanspants wrote:Man, I bet the NSA guys know where to find the best porn.

Sonic-ock wrote:I, the procrastination fairy, am glad to have been a positive influence on the community.
User avatar
The_Hankerchief
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 1:59 am
Location: (Insert Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere")

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby JoKeR » February 4th, 2015, 6:57 am

corruption wrote:Don't any of you have better things to do then focus on this thread.
Let's just all leave this thread alone and get on with our lives (and make me the winner)

Oh c'mon ...why couldn't you leave eishiya be the winner of this game. :mrgreen:
Image

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
User avatar
JoKeR
 
Posts: 2556
Joined: June 10th, 2010, 3:42 am
Location: A City with a huge cathedral

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby Tailsgod » February 6th, 2015, 12:20 pm

.
User avatar
Tailsgod
 
Posts: 362
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:18 pm
Location: Earth, America, US, In a state

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby JoKeR » February 6th, 2015, 5:56 pm

We have in our UT forum also a similar thread ...but we try to add something funny or an unnecessary knowledge or something else.
you can do better than just...
Tailsgod wrote:.
Image

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
User avatar
JoKeR
 
Posts: 2556
Joined: June 10th, 2010, 3:42 am
Location: A City with a huge cathedral

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby Tailsgod » February 7th, 2015, 12:29 am

JoKeRcologne wrote:We have in our UT forum also a similar thread ...but we try to add something funny or an unnecessary knowledge or something else.
you can do better than just...
Tailsgod wrote:.

i can't
User avatar
Tailsgod
 
Posts: 362
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:18 pm
Location: Earth, America, US, In a state

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby SUGauthor » February 13th, 2015, 2:14 pm

User avatar
SUGauthor
 
Posts: 198
Joined: June 9th, 2013, 11:37 pm
Location: Mobius

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby JoKeR » February 13th, 2015, 10:28 pm


It was interesting to read but I didn't got the joke (punchline) ... must be some language barrier issue.
Image

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
User avatar
JoKeR
 
Posts: 2556
Joined: June 10th, 2010, 3:42 am
Location: A City with a huge cathedral

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby SUGauthor » February 13th, 2015, 11:37 pm

Spoiler! :
Well the expression is normally "better late than never" and they said "better nate than lever" it's a play on words.


It's really more a story than a joke though.
User avatar
SUGauthor
 
Posts: 198
Joined: June 9th, 2013, 11:37 pm
Location: Mobius

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby Tailsgod » February 20th, 2015, 3:36 pm

ha
User avatar
Tailsgod
 
Posts: 362
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:18 pm
Location: Earth, America, US, In a state

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby Sophi0900 » February 20th, 2015, 4:32 pm

I have killed many a thread in the past... will this be the day it changes...or not? Muahahahah ;) ;) ;)
Image
User avatar
Sophi0900
 
Posts: 32
Joined: March 12th, 2011, 11:45 am

Re: The "kill this thread" game. Round 1.

Postby Tailsgod » February 20th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Sophi0900 wrote:I have killed many a thread in the past... will this be the day it changes...or not? Muahahahah ;) ;) ;)

no
User avatar
Tailsgod
 
Posts: 362
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:18 pm
Location: Earth, America, US, In a state

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests