Something you dislike about the above SJer's comic

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

Re: Something you dislike about the above SJer's comic

Postby Guest » November 1st, 2011, 6:23 pm

I dislike how the color vanished. :(

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » November 8th, 2011, 2:10 am

fooor fae grins... i think for some reason that everythin looks kinda flat... like its made outta paper. mebbe ish just the backround. but i think thats just cuz everythin is shown pretty straight on. so it could be fixed easy if buildings were at more of a angle so you could see corners and junk :3
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby Guest » November 17th, 2011, 4:18 am

I don't like the way faces and profiles are drawn. Not that I see anything wrong with them, it's just personal preference. : D

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » July 2nd, 2012, 11:02 pm

i been feelin super topic revivey lately P:

ahem anyways. um. for among the ashes.... it looks kinda like ya use the smudge tool in lots of yur shading or somthin. i donno if thats really a bad thing but i used to do that a lot and now it annoys me >.,<
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby Froken Keke » July 3rd, 2012, 12:27 am

I feel that you write out the sound of things a bit too much, there's nothing wrong with doing that, I do it myself, but a lot of times the pictures can talk for themself, or it feels unnecessary in context.
For example, page 25, it's not really necessary to write out the TAK-TAK-TAK in the last panel. We can see that they're walking, and the panel right before that establish that they're running. Or page 7, which is a text heavy page. The SCOOT and HOP doesn't really add much, we can see what happens without it being written out, and it distracts from the dialog.

I also felt the last panel on page 31 to not fit the tone of the comic at all. This is the only case of the characters having such a cartoony expression in the comic, as far as I can remember. Doing this sort of stuff isn't bad, but you sort of need to use it more frequently and especially early on to establish it in the tone of the comic. You use a rather realistic style for 30 pages, and then suddenly throw a silly face in a relativily serious scene. It just feels misplaced and strange.

This is mostly just nitpicking, mostly I think you've done a good job at introducing and establishing characters, setting, the story and such, while things happen to drag the reader in and continue reading.
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
Froken Keke

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2012, 7:37 pm

I dislike the fact that I cannt pin point something that I dislike about your comic.

Postby Guest » July 4th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Some of the lines on your panels don't quite connect or match up well, (Page 1 - 3 for instance), which kind of bugs me. Since they're done digitally, it doesn't quite have the same "charm" (I guess?) as similar hand drawn boxes. If...that makes sense. Try doing all the lines on separate layers (if they aren't) and connect them that way. Just a little thing. :)

Reply to walkin_talkin_apocolyps
Spoiler! :
walkin_talkin_apocolyps wrote:for among the ashes.... it looks kinda like ya use the smudge tool in lots of yur shading or somthin. i donno if thats really a bad thing but i used to do that a lot and now it annoys me >.,<

I did on the more digital pages (the last two), but that look is intentional (it's all weeeeeird and shifty lol). Sorry it bugs you. :(

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » July 8th, 2012, 2:29 am

ahh i just said somethin i disliked about yours >.,< im sorry! i dont have anythin against yur comics i swear!
OK for if angels prevailed:
i dont really like that you use photoshop textures on lots of your backrounds. but its ok for some of them. but like the wall on page 6. the texture looks like its going in a different direction then the wall is...

(WOW keke that was super amazing helpful thanks! C: )
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby stupidarghs » July 10th, 2012, 12:02 am

It was hard to find something I disliked bout yer robohole
Cause it's a pretty high quality comic in sj standards! Its clean and colored nicely, easy to read.
The only thing I could point out is that I guess for me/personally I don't really like the way you do faces/maybe just yer face style in general?
Or if you feel like you are actually lacking in faces, then you could do some face studies, look up face tutorials and such. But das just my own opinion.

But looks like a great comic, so keep it up!

[Edit]
I take what I said about faces back xD
I had only looked at a page or two to judge, I think yer faces are fine.
(I actually began reading and changed my mind)
But I'll leave the above text unchanged, for this forum's game's sake ff
stupidarghs

Postby robybang » July 10th, 2012, 12:25 am

I don't like the fact that you used what looks like Courier or Courier New for dialogue. It's really thin, not very cartoony-looking, and has more of an association with robots and computers than people. Even if they were robots, I'd look for a font that was fairly bold so it stands out.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Guest » July 10th, 2012, 3:24 am

I dislike some of the linework with the style of coloring you use in Jesus's Blue. It doesn't mesh right with me, though that's just preference.

Postby T1p2 » August 7th, 2012, 7:06 pm

I haven't seen your comics update for awhile...I was actually getting into the story too ^^;
Season Three (status: Coming Soon)
Doodle Beans News at my deviantArt Journal.
Season One Season Two
T1p2

Postby JoKeR » August 8th, 2012, 8:40 am

I don't like that the little robot has more arms and legs (even hands!!!) than the protagonists in your comic...

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Sonic-ock » August 14th, 2012, 4:46 am

I dislike that I don't have awesome food weapons IRL to play with and thus I am Jealous.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » August 14th, 2012, 1:04 pm

yur pages take foreeeeverrrr to load D:
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games