Something you dislike about the above SJer's comic

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

Re: Something you dislike about the above SJer's comic

Postby eishiya » August 14th, 2012, 1:26 pm

I don't like is how easily Parsnip seems to accept the black hole boy. This guy just appeared in a crater. You do not sit down to have a snack with him just like that D: As much as the story intrigues me, that part of it broke my suspension of disbelief and I found myself thinking about nothing but how weird that is.
eishiya

Postby robybang » August 14th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Underwood is too short and has not enough detail on characters and setting for me to pass any real judgement on them. Slight nitpick on this one though. Last panel with the character saying "I'm glad to be the one shooting for once." Breaking it up into two bubbles like that gives off a dramatic pause. If you were intending that for foreshadowing or something, that's fine. If not, it gives off the wrong message.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby eishiya » August 14th, 2012, 2:42 pm

The dramatic pause was 100% intentional.

(Whoever's after me, please skip this and comment on robybang's comic. It's his rightful turn.)
eishiya

Postby JoKeR » August 15th, 2012, 12:24 am

eishiya wrote:(Whoever's after me, please skip this and comment on robybang's comic. It's his rightful turn.)

Ok...

Abducted 3 got toooo much text to read at the ten last pages ...I don't like so much text.
No, really, I don't like it.

:mrgreen:

Sonic-ock wrote:I dislike that I don't have awesome food weapons IRL to play with and thus I am Jealous.

Hey ....wait, this is no comic... FF is a mod for a game.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Hjels » August 15th, 2012, 4:17 am

The characters whine too much. And some have tails.

Tails frighten me.
It's pronounced "yells".
Hjels

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » August 15th, 2012, 11:35 am

The cover/banner is pretty buuuut I think I'd prefer if it wasn't made by somebody else. Since things like the banners are meant to be a representation of what the comic holds, y'know.
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby eishiya » August 15th, 2012, 11:51 am

(Agreed.)

Mokepon is 5 chapters in but it still feels like we're just getting started and still introducing the world and main characters. If that's the case, then 5 chapters feels like too long for that (unless this is going to be a 400-chapter monster). If not, then I guess the events need to start paying off, we should start seeing some long-term consequences. I realize it's only been a day-ish in-world, but... five chapters.
eishiya

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » August 15th, 2012, 12:07 pm

eishiya wrote:
Mokepon is 5 chapters in but it still feels like we're just getting started and still introducing the world and main characters. If that's the case, then 5 chapters feels like too long for that (unless this is going to be a 400-chapter monster). If not, then I guess the events need to start paying off, we should start seeing some long-term consequences. I realize it's only been a day-ish in-world, but... five chapters.

Fair point xD I realize it HAS been a long day. And things have been kinda slow thus far, but hopefully things will start picking up soon. Presuming it keeps going I imagine it'll be a behemoth of a long comic so ideally it'll balance out in the end. We'll see how things go.

(Next person please ignore me =P )
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby eishiya » August 15th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Since H0ly said to skip to me... I'll make it less confusing for y'all and just comment on H0ly's Eavesdropping:

The bright blue of the Life Slices comics hurts my eyes, I wish you'd go for something a bit less saturated.
And tsk tsk, I can see where you didn't fully erase the pencil letters :<
eishiya

Postby Hatianidiot » August 16th, 2012, 1:50 am

I like Underwood and love the vignette style of the story, but I feel like it is just too short to get to know the characters.

I can get a sense of the characters from what is there but I feel like they have only been established, not developed really, just incidents.
~Idiot is my username, I do not hate myself :3
--Forever a Gaijin--
Hatianidiot

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » August 16th, 2012, 1:23 pm

(woop im a wee bit late on the thank yuu but thanks eishiya! sorry it bothered ya so much... i couldnt do much about it but i found one spot where i kinda agreed. so i changed the talkin a little)

OK OK the only thing i can really think of right now is how much she was talkin to herself in the beginning. it was funny and important and all. and TONS of comics and junk do it. but she was just talkin sooo much to herself that it seemed a little weird that it was out loud haha
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2012, 6:47 pm

I...I want to comment but I've commented on your comic so often...
walkin_talkin_apocolyps wrote:im sorry! i dont have anythin against yur comics i swear!

Same here! XD

Uh...I don't like the pose in the top panel here. With that hole right next to her it looks like her leg shouldn't be posed like the other. I feel like if I were sitting next to a hole like that I wouldn't put my leg over it like that.

Postby BonesMcKay » September 19th, 2012, 8:25 pm

I dislike that I'm not sure how to find your comic. D: Sorry, maybe I'm being a dumb bum here.

Wait! I found them. I dislike that I don't know what to read?

OKay, the first comic is hard to look at because of the colour combinations chosen.
Feel free to Check out my tumblr
BonesMcKay

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » November 16th, 2014, 11:10 pm

*REVIIIVE*

i dislike (even tho i totally get it cuz i do it too) how you dont really work on the backrounds and just end up doing a gradient and a little detail. my rule is at least 1 backround a page to show where they are in the area
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby HABE » November 22nd, 2014, 1:14 pm

I can't help but notice the huge, inconsistent-but-mostly-the-same gutter size between all panels and how the frames get extra-black on the edges where they run off the page. It draws my eye to the maze of white space instead of the actual panels.

It might be worth considering thinner gutters and keeping an empty border along the outside edges of pages like this to keep non-bleeding panels from bleeding into the template frame.

A tried-and-true approach to gutters is to make the horizontal space between panels twice the width of the vertical and keep the sizes consistent unless you have a specific reason not to. That usually improves the visual flow and helps avoid the maze effect.
HABE

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games