What are you reading?

What are you reading?

Postby paradonia » September 21st, 2009, 6:24 pm

People read too, right?

I figured that I'd start a thread where we can talk about what we're reading and recommend whether or not to read it.

Currently I'm reading 2061: odyssey three and I'm going to start on From the Ocean from the Stars. Both books are by Authur C. Clark. You've probably heard of the Odyssey series, or at least the movie, and I'd say the series is a must-read for any Science Fiction fan.
paradonia

Re: What are you reading?

Postby DarKlawStudios » September 21st, 2009, 8:49 pm

Textbooks. :lol:
Let's see if I can actually remember the last novel I read...
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Now I want to re-watch all the film adaptions.
DarKlawStudios

Postby Molly-sama » September 21st, 2009, 8:52 pm

finishing up Siddhartha for my religion class. better read than the last book, anyway. :)
Molly-sama

Postby TerminalMontage » September 21st, 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm reading a lot of books.
Recently finished Glenn Beck's common sense :]

It's strange. I'd rather read now instead of play a video game. Never thought I'd be like this.
TerminalMontage

Postby JCM » September 21st, 2009, 9:26 pm

I'm reading a book published in 1988 with 700 pages just because I can.
JCM

Postby IDONTKNOWCORP » September 21st, 2009, 9:30 pm

Fast Food Nation :B
...and text books
IDONTKNOWCORP

Postby CoffeeZombies » September 22nd, 2009, 12:51 pm

I'm reading a medical terminology textbook =__= been a while since I've read a novel.
but I think the last one was Shiver. Pretty neat-o book...If you love werewolves.

I wanna start reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies just cause I'm lame and weird like that, hahaha!
CoffeeZombies

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » September 22nd, 2009, 12:57 pm

I'm now reading Karlology, one of the Karl Pilkington books. Don't know who else knows about him but I love these books XD
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby Gibson Twist » September 22nd, 2009, 1:20 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:Recently finished Glenn Beck's common sense

Is that like a Where's Waldo book? tee hee

Right now I'm bouncing back and forth between Rohinton Mistry's A Fine Balance and Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman, and I'm probably going to reread Jason Lutes' Berlin books after that.
Gibson Twist

Postby SuperBiasedMan » September 22nd, 2009, 1:45 pm

H0lyhandgrenade wrote:I'm now reading Karlology, one of the Karl Pilkington books. Don't know who else knows about him but I love these books XD

You just levelled up in awesomeness.

Well in the past week or so I read both Scott McCloud's books, I read a book about drawing that... I've forgotten the name of and a book about animation by the guy who made 'Who framed Roger Rabbit?'

I've also moved on to Understanding Animation which will be followed by 2 film studies books.
Don't you just love college?

EDIT: I forgot, a possible addition to the list is that yaoi thread that within 3 or so hours got several pages of replies, and locked. Sounds possibly interesting.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Gibson Twist » September 22nd, 2009, 2:13 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:both Scott McCloud's books

Both? He's actually got several. Understanding Comics, Reinventing Comics, Making Comics, Zot! and I think another that I can't recall.
Gibson Twist

Postby tezzle » September 22nd, 2009, 4:24 pm

Just finished reading "Lord of The Flies." It's like Lost, but with a plot that makes a lot more sense, and more under-aged nudity. Did I just peak your interest?...SICKO.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Molly-sama » September 22nd, 2009, 4:38 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:I read a book about drawing that... I've forgotten the name of and a book about animation by the guy who made 'Who framed Roger Rabbit?'

hey i read that for my research paper in my junior year of high school! :D awesome! haha i forgot the name, too, though. but it's been about three years for me since i read it. XD
Molly-sama

Postby monotar » September 22nd, 2009, 4:55 pm

I just finished the Warcraft Novel "The Lord of The Clans" by Christie Golden and moving on to The Warrior: on the furthest island. By Josephine Ottesen (no, it's not about the wrestler :lol: )
monotar

Postby SuperBiasedMan » September 22nd, 2009, 5:50 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
SuperBiasedMan wrote:both Scott McCloud's books

Both? He's actually got several. Understanding Comics, Reinventing Comics, Making Comics, Zot! and I think another that I can't recall.

He does? Dang, now I gotta try find them too...
All the library had was Understanding and Reinventing Comics.

Molly-sama wrote:hey i read that for my research paper in my junior year of high school! :D awesome! haha i forgot the name, too, though. but it's been about three years for me since i read it. XD

It's good isn't it? It really showed how much surreal cartoony stuff animators can get away with without anyone noticing.

I've read part of another book which goes at one point talks about the question of if Jerry's (from Tom and Jerry) a girl, and it's bizarre how much this changes things, because it brings in a lot of very weird sexual stuff between the two of them, like homo-eroticism, cross-species relationships and transvestitism.
You barely even need rule 34.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Next

Return to Books & Literature