The Monthly Drabble Thread! ---Writing Practice Hoo!---

The Monthly Drabble Thread! ---Writing Practice Hoo!---

Postby Nymine » June 9th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Just like drawing, writing is an arts that takes time, effort, and lots and lots of practice to hone. So how abouts a writing practice thread? There's an art to being able to tell a story or set a mood concisely and clearly, so let's practice writing with drabbles! A drabble is a story that consists of no more than 100 words. The point is to make a story, a whole story or scene mind you, with just 100 words. The challenge is to get your point across with no fillers, no fluff. It's good practice for thems with the author bug, or for comic writers who are working on trimming down plots and plotting out scenes, or just for anyone who wants to work on their writing skillz. Oh and before I forget, a good site to keep a hold on your word count is wordcounter.net.

Each month there will be a theme! For each theme, write a drabble and post it below. Do as many as you want(but of course, be mindful of all forum rules and that sort of thing). So! Ready? Then let's go!

In honor of today being Donald Duck Day(June 9), this month's theme will be:

DUCK

Example:
Spoiler! :
David grimaced and honked his horn in irritation.

"For the love of-just GO!"

The ducks waggled their tails and honked back at the car as the man inside began to mash the horn. They continued their march across the street no quicker than before. David rubbed his temple, briefly considering running the parading fowl over. It was just a bunch of stupid birds. Just a bunch of stupid, slow birds turning his short cut into a fifteen minute wait.

The last duck waddled to the curb. Sighing, David hit the gas, immediately hitting a truck backing out of its driveway.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Re: The Monthly Drabble Thread! ---Writing Practice Hoo!---

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » June 16th, 2015, 4:52 am

I can dig this!
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Re: The Monthly Drabble Thread! ---Writing Practice Hoo!---

Postby Ddraigeneth » June 17th, 2015, 7:42 am

ohaithere

(contribution to come)
Ddraigeneth

Return to Books & Literature