WELCOME TO THE 2012-2013 SMACKIE AWARDS FORUM!

Announcements and nominations for the Smackies!

Re: WELCOME TO THE 2012-2013 SMACKIE AWARDS FORUM!

Postby eishiya » July 4th, 2015, 7:37 am

No one's stepped up to do it. It's a lot of work for very little reward for the judges, and the current system of the awards isn't as rewarding to the participants as it should be. No one's come up with anything better, and it doesn't look like anyone wants a repeat of the past problems, so the Awards are at a standstill. It's an entirely volunteer-run event, so it takes both a leader and sufficient helpers volunteering to get started, and that's difficult to organize, especially after the last awards where people got to see just how little reward it actually is xP

If someone wants to lead or even just help with the Smackies (it's too late for 2015, but there's still time to prep for 2016!), feel free to make a thread in the General Discussion about it or revive one of the more recent threads about it. I recommend reading these theads first though, so you know what you're getting into. There might be other good ones, but these are the ones I remember.

I'm going to lock this thread since it's old, and I think this post adequately addresses the most common question: "When's the next one?"
eishiya

Previous

Return to Smack Jeeves Awards