Page 5 of 7

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 4:11 pm
by SuperBiasedMan
Pyrokitsune wrote:I nominate Ianua


Krazehhcakes wrote:Ianua deffinitely.
Witch's Promise also.
Anddd Myth.



Please read the rules. You need to include the comics name and a link otherwise your nomination will not be viable.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 4:16 pm
by Krazehhcakes
SuperBiasedMan wrote:
Pyrokitsune wrote:I nominate Ianua


Krazehhcakes wrote:Ianua deffinitely.
Witch's Promise also.
Anddd Myth.



Please read the rules. You need to include the comics name and a link otherwise your nomination will not be viable.


Ianua
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=112841
Carciphona
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=100195
Myth
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=36430

I would say witch's promise because i love your comic falconer but weeep ;w;. your a judge.
(its called search guys. use it. also dont see how thats necessary when links were provided by previous commenters)

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 5:01 pm
by SuperBiasedMan
Krazehhcakes wrote:Ianua
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=112841
Witch's promise
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=102572
Myth
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=36430

(its called search guys. use it. also dont see how thats necessary when links were provided by previous commenters)


It prevents ambiguity with similarly named comics and potential typos.
Plus it is a load off the team having to search every nomination at the end when it's relatively easy for nominators to link their 3 comics.

So in case a similarly titled but different comic had been nominated and linked before, it's better to have these links to show if it is or isn't the same one.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 5:12 pm
by Krazehhcakes
SuperBiasedMan wrote:It prevents ambiguity with similarly named comics and potential typos.
Plus it is a load off the team having to search every nomination at the end when it's relatively easy for nominators to link their 3 comics.

So in case a similarly titled but different comic had been nominated and linked before, it's better to have these links to show if it is or isn't the same one.


Then perhaps those are isolated incidents on case by case basis?
I'm sorry was Ianua, Witch's promise or Myth that hard to understand. Let me stand here and speak french for you . its pretty ridiculous when a few forgotten links is what disregards a vote unless a really huge mix up issue does occur. Real silly.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 5:44 pm
by mitchellbravo
Krazehhcakes wrote:
SuperBiasedMan wrote:It prevents ambiguity with similarly named comics and potential typos.
Plus it is a load off the team having to search every nomination at the end when it's relatively easy for nominators to link their 3 comics.

So in case a similarly titled but different comic had been nominated and linked before, it's better to have these links to show if it is or isn't the same one.


Then perhaps those are isolated incidents on case by case basis?
I'm sorry was Ianua, Witch's promise or Myth that hard to understand. Let me stand here and speak french for you . its pretty ridiculous when a few forgotten links is what disregards a vote unless a really huge mix up issue does occur. Real silly.

Actually, it really does make it a lot easier for people like Nikki and me (who are the ones going to be going through all these links) to not have to do any more work than we already will need to do. I'm sure it's super fast and easy to go through and search for those unlinked comics, but it's a few seconds here and there that are really going to add up when you take a look at how many comic nominations we have already received, and the awards have been open for only about two weeks.

It's really not a rule that we added just to be needlessly mean or pedantic. Since it's so easy for us to just search and find the intended comic, it ought to be just as easy for nominators to provide the links themselves ;)

(Edited to add: Yes, even if the same comic was already linked earlier. I know I for one do not want to make a mistake of confusing a named comic for one that was already listed when in fact the second person was talking about a different one. I don't want to have to send PMs to people making these nominations just to make sure I have the comic correct when it's simple enough for it to be linked to in the first place.)

It's not silly. We will have a lot of work on our hands and are doing this all for no compensation. Making the process easier for us can only benefit everyone. I hope you'll be understanding about this. We really aren't trying to make up silly rules just to disqualify nominations.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 6:36 am
by AlkseeyaKC
Just want to add, People have been voting for comics off Smack Jeeves. If someone just gave the name to a comic not on Smack Jeeves, I can think it would be hell for mods trying to find it on Smack Jeeves. besides It makes sure the comic you want to vote or is getting voted for, and other people are going through and checking out comics. If it was just names, users would not care to check out the nominations. In a way it serves as advertising for the comics.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 11:07 am
by strix
I'd like to nominate Chaotic Nation, http://chaoticnation.smackjeeves.com/ (hope I did that right...)

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 11:09 am
by mitchellbravo
strix wrote:I'd like to nominate Chaotic Nation, http://chaoticnation.smackjeeves.com/ (hope I did that right...)

Yup :) Thank you!

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 12:19 pm
by Krazehhcakes
AlkseeyaKC wrote:Just want to add, People have been voting for comics off Smack Jeeves. If someone just gave the name to a comic not on Smack Jeeves, I can think it would be hell for mods trying to find it on Smack Jeeves. besides It makes sure the comic you want to vote or is getting voted for, and other people are going through and checking out comics. If it was just names, users would not care to check out the nominations. In a way it serves as advertising for the comics.



Once again, that's ridiculous, if it didn't show up then it doesn't count, it's not rocket science. And i don't see why that mistake would occur for comics that were ALREADY mentioned before. Then should the rules be that users aren't allowed to nominate comics that were already nominated would make that easier for you? Which is a ridiculous request in itself.

Use your heads, guys. Unless i suggested "Amy the magician" and there's five other Amy the Magicians out there should it not count or be pointed out. But both requests even without Links provided by us personally should not have to be completely disregarded UNLESS an actual mix up should occur.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 12:34 pm
by Myung
Why are you wasting time (and cluttering up the thread) arguing the point? The rules aren't going to change for one person. Unless you just like to argue, then I guess carry on. But it's not helping your favorite comics... :(

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 12:37 pm
by mitchellbravo
Krazeh- No snark intended, I am asking this sincerely, why is it so difficult to provide us the links? As I said earlier, it only makes it easier for us. The nominator has to provide, at most, 3 links (per category.) We are getting lots and lots of nominations and I really would rather not have to hunt down any of them.

Like I said, we didn't add that rule to be big meanie poo-poo heads. It is sincerely something that is going to make me and Nikki's job a lot easier. It is she and I specifically that are going to be looking through all these nominations, so please feel free to direct your response to me and her.

After you've responded I'm going to move the relevant posts to the general Smackie discussion thread so that we aren't filling this one up with this derail

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 12:38 pm
by Nikkinoodles
Krazehhcakes wrote:
Ianua
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=112841
Witch's promise
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=102572
Myth
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=36430

(its called search guys. use it. also dont see how thats necessary when links were provided by previous commenters)



I hate to tell you this Krazehhcakes but unfortunately Witch's Promise is exempt from nominations. It's Falconer's baby and as she's on the Awards staff her comics can't be nominated or run for voting. Not that the comic isn't totally awesome because it is! We just don't want the possibility of bias and complaints on the whole 'staff comics going through the process and the voting potentially being rigged in their favour'

Edit: The debate with Krazeh has been taken to the PMs so as not to further derail the thread.

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 12:56 pm
by Elvenboyslut

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 14th, 2012, 3:08 pm
by Krazehhcakes
*edited my above post and nominated Carciphona as my third*
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=100195

Re: Fantasy Comic Nominations

PostPosted: November 15th, 2012, 5:48 pm
by Misschip