Custom domain name is not working

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

Custom domain name is not working

Postby Musetap » March 18th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Hi guys,
I purchased a domain name through Godaddy and a premium service through smackjeeves 3 days ago. I entered the names NS1.SMACKJEEVES.COM and NS2.SMACKJEEVES.COM in the registrar as instructed. I am getting a "webpage not available. DNS address could not be found" message on the website (8bitcomic.com). I waited a couple of days to see if it was just taking a little longer to set up, but it is still not working. I spoke to Godaddy on the phone and they said everything on their end is in the proper place and that it's something through smackjeeves. I saw there were older threads on this topic but nothing that helped answer any questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Wil
Musetap

Re: Custom domain name is not working

Postby Admin » March 18th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Hey, sorry about that. I normally get an email notification alerting me to set up new domains but somehow I missed this one. It should begin working shortly.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Musetap » March 18th, 2016, 8:41 pm

its up and working, thanks!
Musetap

Postby shortygul » April 8th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Musetap wrote:Hi guys,
I purchased a domain name through Godaddy and a premium service through smackjeeves 3 days ago. I entered the names NS1.SMACKJEEVES.COM and NS2.SMACKJEEVES.COM in the registrar as instructed. I am getting a "webpage not available. DNS address could not be found" message on the website (8bitcomic.com). I waited a couple of days to see if it was just taking a little longer to set up, but it is still not working. I spoke to Godaddy on the phone and they said everything on their end is in the proper place and that it's something through smackjeeves. I saw there were older threads on this topic but nothing that helped answer any questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Wil

Same here. I purchased a premium account, then purchased the custom domain http://www.mygirlcomics.com from godaddy, set the name servers in the DNS Zone File, then waited the two days but it didn't work.
Last edited by shortygul on April 18th, 2016, 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shortygul

Postby Admin » April 8th, 2016, 10:33 pm

It looks like in your case you have the domain name currently "parked" at GoDaddy, as the nameserver is currently set to ns39.domaincontrol.com (one of GoDaddy's domain servers). You need to unpark it through GoDaddy.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby shortygul » April 9th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Thanks. I see what the problem was. I should have gone to settings and edited the nameservers there because that's where it saves it. It works now. :D
shortygul

Postby Admin » April 12th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Glad to hear it!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jzoner81 » July 18th, 2016, 8:21 pm

I'm having the same issue. I purchased my domain fullcrescent.com a few days ago and it still says "under construction"
Jzoner81

Postby Admin » July 19th, 2016, 11:06 am

Have you set your domain's nameservers to ns1.smackjeeves.com and ns2.smackjeeves.com ?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gwyldex » January 16th, 2019, 1:51 pm

I registered a domain through Squarespace and changed the nameservers. All i get now is "This site can't provide a secure connection"

Update: Nevermind I got it working. Chrome screwup on my end, just had to clear chache. :shock: :|
Gwyldex

Postby levydevyrevy » April 18th, 2019, 8:17 am

Hi. I have http://www.deaddogdays.com registered through DreamHost that I want to point to as a custom name. Last week I changed the nameservers to NS1 and NS2.SMACKJEEVES.COM and completed the Custom Name form on SmackJeeves, but nothing seems to be propagating. Just wanted to check if I was missing anything?

I also noticed that the whois is stating that the domain is parked, but Dreamhost isn't, which seems a bit weird. Thanks in advance =)
Attachments
whois DDD.PNG
(68.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
levydevyrevy

Postby nhnadmin » April 18th, 2019, 10:48 am

Hi there,

http://www.deaddogdays.com seems to be loading properly. Let us know if you're still having issues!
nhnadmin

Postby levydevyrevy » April 21st, 2019, 12:45 pm

That's brilliant, thanks :)
levydevyrevy

Postby SpaceWitch » June 11th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Hello! I've registered the domain http://www.lisowskicomic.com through DreamHost and set the nameservers appropriately. I know it's supposed to take a minimum of two days, and I'm on the second day, but I'm just worried I didn't do it right.

Is it normal for the website to not be working at all until the third day? Idk if it's important, but on DreamHost I set the web hosting to DNS only. I know it wasn't in the Smackjeeves instructions, but I hope it doesn't make a difference.

6/13 Edit: Hi! Website still not working, just wondering if there's anything I did wrong? Idk if anyone with authority can see this so I may end up creating a new topic. My comic is updating soon and I can't wait much longer.
SpaceWitch

Return to New Questions