Long Comic Page Compressed to Unreadability in Mobile

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

Long Comic Page Compressed to Unreadability in Mobile

Postby MouseWithADinosaurTail » March 31st, 2019, 11:10 pm

Hello, having a problem with smackjeeves mobile! I just released a new comic that uses long pages, with dimensions of 1050 x 20,000. I've noticed that on smackjeeves mobile, this long page is compressed to the point that it is completely unreadable. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

The comic page in question is here: http://adventureclubnuzlocke.smackjeeve ... llet-town/
MouseWithADinosaurTail

Re: Long Comic Page Compressed to Unreadability in Mobile

Postby eishiya » April 1st, 2019, 8:36 am

It looks fine and clear/readable on my phone, the only problem I've got is your template shoves it off to the side so I can't read the text on the far right side of the page.
If you're seeing it compressed and blurry, you may have data compression enabled on your phone. If you disable that, the page should load correctly.

Or are you talking about SJ's Mobile Reader, which is currently not enabled on your website?
eishiya

Postby MouseWithADinosaurTail » April 1st, 2019, 11:15 am

I am talking about SJ's mobile reader, which seems to be enabled on my site, since I can read it in the mobile reader, as could the people who brought this to my attention? I even checked my settings and it's enabled.

EDIT: This is what it looks like to most people:
MouseWithADinosaurTail

Postby eishiya » April 1st, 2019, 12:14 pm

Oh o: So it's getting scaled wrong, not compressed.
Odd that it showed your website for me, I don't have "request desktop version" enabled or anything. When I do turn "request desktop version" on, it displays your full site and actually looks nicer. That must be something odd with my browser though.

Does pinch-zooming help? If not, then you'll need to go a step further and define viewing areas (panels, etc) in the Mobile Viewer settings for that page, so that readers can swipe through them.
(SJ isn't made for long-scroll comics, but this kind of brokenness is definitely weird, and should be addressed at the code level.)
eishiya

Return to New Questions