Upload comic on a phone

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

Upload comic on a phone

Postby pixlyJolt » June 18th, 2019, 7:35 pm

I can’t find the bar to upload or check the stats or anything of my comment, the site honestly needs mobile compatibility, or at least better mobile compatibility for people who don’t use PCs.
pixlyJolt

Re: Upload comic on a phone

Postby eishiya » June 18th, 2019, 8:34 pm

This looks like an oversight. The author bar is set to become invisible along with some other, cluttered, menus on small screens, but if that rule is disabled, the bar shows up and works fine (and is even sized fine!), there doesn't seem to be any real reason to hide it.

it's possible this was done because a lot of the comic backend isn't practical to make look good on mobile, but I'd rather take some wonky pages than a huge loss in functionality like this :/ I suspect that the designer didn't think there would be people trying to upload comics via mobile, the mobile experience is only optimized for reading.

Hopefully this can get fixed, but in the mean-time, you can access your comic's backend by entering the URL manually. Go to your comic's profile, and then change the URL. Replace "comicprofile" with "managecomic". For example, https://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=177370 would become https://www.smackjeeves.com/managecomic.php?id=177370
You'll have access to all the features from there! They're not mobile-optimized so you'll have to pan sideways a bit, but it's all usable.

If you'd like, I can move this thread to the Suggestions forum, so that hopefully the developers can see it and polish up the management pages for mobile and make them more easily accessible on mobile.
eishiya

Postby Captain Ghost » June 19th, 2019, 7:21 pm

I had been wondering for months if I was simply blind/unable to find how to get to the backend on mobile myself, haha ^^V

not so much to upload pages on my end though, but at the least for glancing at stats on occasion.
It'd definitely be nice!

(glad to know the url thing works though, I think I tried it awhile ago but must have input it wrong >w<;; oops)
Captain Ghost

Postby Shard » June 20th, 2019, 3:40 am

You can also access your comics and such on mobile by... scrolling all the way to the bottom of any page on Smackjeeves proper and tapping "My Comics", which takes you to the standard Manage Your Webcomics page that you can normally access on desktop via that... drop down thing on your avatar. (At least I think that's where it is? My short term memory of awful.) It does seem weird to me that you can't just do it straight from the comic profile like you can on desktop, but at the very least you don't have to manually input anything into the search bar this way.

I dunno if it's an oversight or not given it's accessible, but... the fact that people aren't aware that's how you access your Webcomics while on mobile means that someone somewhere messed something up.
ImageImage
Shard

Postby pixlyJolt » June 21st, 2019, 9:10 pm

eishiya wrote:This looks like an oversight. The author bar is set to become invisible along with some other, cluttered, menus on small screens, but if that rule is disabled, the bar shows up and works fine (and is even sized fine!), there doesn't seem to be any real reason to hide it.

it's possible this was done because a lot of the comic backend isn't practical to make look good on mobile, but I'd rather take some wonky pages than a huge loss in functionality like this :/ I suspect that the designer didn't think there would be people trying to upload comics via mobile, the mobile experience is only optimized for reading.

Hopefully this can get fixed, but in the mean-time, you can access your comic's backend by entering the URL manually. Go to your comic's profile, and then change the URL. Replace "comicprofile" with "managecomic". For example, https://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=177370 would become https://www.smackjeeves.com/managecomic.php?id=177370
You'll have access to all the features from there! They're not mobile-optimized so you'll have to pan sideways a bit, but it's all usable.

If you'd like, I can move this thread to the Suggestions forum, so that hopefully the developers can see it and polish up the management pages for mobile and make them more easily accessible on mobile.

Oh yes! Thanks you! I forgot all abiut the links that I could have been doing this! Now i can get back to posting :D
Edit: And you actually took some time to give a direct link, thank you so much!
pixlyJolt

Return to New Questions