What does blocking a user do? -mostly solved-

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

What does blocking a user do? -mostly solved-

Postby Shyads » August 16th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Hey so I havent quite been able to figure out the specifics on certain features of the block/foe function, I've got a few questions:

Forum posts of users I've blocked are hidden until clicked (wish they were just hidden permanently but w/e), but can the users I've blocked see my posts at all? or is there no change from what they can see from me?

I'm also wondering if when pm's from blocked users are set to auto-delete, does the sender get something that tells them their message didn't send? or does nothing change and they're led to think that it went through?

And about blocking on the site, not the forums, is there a way to block someone from seeing all the comics that you've made, or do they have to all be blocked from each comic's settings individually?

I'm really not looking to hear people's opinions on blocking, just know what the feature does a little better, to assess whether or not it's worth potentially pissing someone off if the block function tells them "this user has blocked you" or similar
Last edited by Shyads on August 16th, 2019, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shyads

Re: What does blocking a user do?

Postby eishiya » August 16th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Shyads wrote:Forum posts of users I've blocked are hidden until clicked (wish they were just hidden permanently but w/e), but can the users I've blocked see my posts at all? or is there no change from what they can see from me?

Your foes can still view your posts, and are not able to tell in any way that you've blocked them. As far as they can tell, you're just not responding to their posts.

Shyads wrote:I'm also wondering if when pm's from blocked users are set to auto-delete, does the sender get something that tells them their message didn't send? or does nothing change and they're led to think that it went through?

I think they're led to think it went through. I'm not sure, but I think they get put into their Sent folder immediately without spending time in the Outbox, so a particularly attentive user might notice something's off.

Shyads wrote:And about blocking on the site, not the forums, is there a way to block someone from seeing all the comics that you've made, or do they have to all be blocked from each comic's settings individually?

There's no way to block anyone from viewing your comic at all (even if you could, they could just log out to view it), the best you can do is block them from commenting. The latter has to be done on a per-comic basis.
eishiya

Re: What does blocking a user do?

Postby Shyads » August 16th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Thank you much! I wonder if I can rope a friend into testing the PM thing with me o:
Shyads

Return to New Questions