Continued Harassment From Guest Accounts

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

Continued Harassment From Guest Accounts

Postby Tailslover13 » September 8th, 2019, 6:31 am

There's a certain comic that I enjoy being a part of and commenting on, but due to unfortunate past demons that I've had to deal with, many trolls and bullies of the past love to swarm many comments I post and harass, bully, and attack me. And, because they are cowardly and only use Guest accounts, there doesn't seem to be any way to stop this from happening. I ask the comic creator to remove the comments when they happen, which he does, but it's still really upsetting when this constantly happens, even if I don't retaliate or say anything in return.

Is there any way to stop harassment from Guest users on comics other than just asking the comic creator to remove the comments?
Tailslover13

Re: Continued Harassment From Guest Accounts

Postby StanleyComics » September 8th, 2019, 7:16 am

None that I know of, sorry to say. I mean, the internet is a free speech space, so all I know is the authors can delete comments from their comics. I hope you don't mind that I checked your last comment and there were two guest replies to it, which addressed the "past demons" you mention in your post, and I can see that you have a history with them. So as annoying as it is to have people address things from the past, which you're trying to move on from, there will always be people who'll do it.
My advice would be to calmly tell these people that yes, you made mistakes in the past, but you're moving past them and you want to put it behind you. And that if they don't believe you, then harassing you won't really make a difference.
If you talk things out with those people in an adult manner and show them you're doing nothing wrong now, they'll get bored and leave you alone. And for the ones, who don't drop the whole thing even after you've owned up to whatever it was that transpired and assured them that you're not that person anymore, I suggest you do your best to ignore them and remind yourself that they're probably doing it because they love drama, confrontations and feeling morally superior. In that case, you can totally disregard everything they've said as them jerking themselves off.
Of course, this is a very broad advice, because again, I don't know what's happened in the past.
StanleyComics

Re: Continued Harassment From Guest Accounts

Postby eishiya » September 8th, 2019, 7:48 am

Authors are able to stop guests from commenting on their comic entirely, so if they don't have many non-harassing guests, that could be a good solution.
If they're unwilling to do that but are willing to remove the comments, check with them if they're willing ban the guests by IP (this is a feature as well, and I think it's available as an option when removing comments). That may stop them for a while, without affecting other guest commenters.
eishiya

Return to New Questions