Uploading your Avatar

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

Re: Uploading your Avatar

Postby eishiya » September 8th, 2015, 8:41 am

Royle McCulloch wrote:Hey so i'm trying to upload an animated gif avatar, but when its uploaded it comes out as a still image. I've tried a couple different ways, from linking it from other sites like imgur, or using a hidden comic here to link the image. On those pages the gif plays. But when linked to my profile the gif wont play. I've also tried uploading it directly and its the same story. Not sure if I have a bug, or I've been restricted from gif avatars or what.

Any help?

There is a 12000 (I think) byte limit on avatars, and this applies even to avatars linked from other sites. If your avatar exceeds that, it will be resampled to fit within the limit. The resampling drops the animations of gifs. If you want an animated avatar, you have to make sure it fits within the size limit so that it doesn't get resampled. This is possible for simple animations and/or images that consist mostly of solid colours, but it's often not doable for complex images (such as gifs from movies and anime) without butchering the quality.
eishiya

Re: Uploading your Avatar

Postby TacticalS » May 29th, 2018, 11:20 am

I also can not upload the avatar gives an error permanently
It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man`s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.
All the best,TacticalS
TacticalS

Previous

Return to New Questions