The Final Fantasy Thread!

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » July 30th, 2011, 10:02 am

Molly-sama wrote:Seriously, why is there no scene of Tifa meeting Zidane? That's like, comedy gold, right there. XD lol

That's because it wouldn't have been able to keep a T rating.
Bow-chica-wow-wow.

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23811
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby redandblack64 » July 30th, 2011, 11:29 am

I've been thinking about the possible FFV and VI remakes that could come to the 3DS.

Do you think the developers should use the chibis for those, or the more realistically proportioned style of the PS1/PS2 games for the in game character models? Or do you think they should use chibis for one (Ive heard FFV is like an expanded FFIII, so chibis would fit the tone of the game) and more realistic proportions for the other? (FFVI, like FFIV, has a darker tone, right? Chibis would undermine the tone)

It would have made sense to give FFIVDS more realistic character models. If the PS1 could handle them in FFVIII and IX, the DS easily could have.
User avatar
redandblack64
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: September 24th, 2009, 9:30 am
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Guest » July 30th, 2011, 2:20 pm

redandblack64 wrote:I've been thinking about the possible FFV and VI remakes that could come to the 3DS.

Do you think the developers should use the chibis for those, or the more realistically proportioned style of the PS1/PS2 games for the in game character models? Or do you think they should use chibis for one (Ive heard FFV is like an expanded FFIII, so chibis would fit the tone of the game) and more realistic proportions for the other? (FFVI, like FFIV, has a darker tone, right? Chibis would undermine the tone)

It would have made sense to give FFIVDS more realistic character models. If the PS1 could handle them in FFVIII and IX, the DS easily could have.


I'd think chibis would be fine for either, since they used chibis in the first place and no one was distracted. That said, VI would be pretty cool for more realistic character models. A lot of it is more for nostalgia for older players, and newer ones generally don't care on the DS.

Also, as a side note, IX was in chibi form, too, just more fully modeled. That was one of the main criticisms of the game at the time, since it came out right after VII and VIII, with many of the fans of just those games, not the older ones, bitching about it being "cutesy." That's why everyone has a giant head. lol XD
Guest
 

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » July 30th, 2011, 2:32 pm

I wouldn't mind chibis, but they better not half ass the bosses. I remember watching a video of the Zeromus fight in FFIV DS and thought it looked kinda lame compared to the original version with the sprites.

If they chibi-fy the FFVI cast, the bosses at least better look insane. Though I'm sure Square will make it look amazing, considering how much more powerful the 3DS is than the DS anyway.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23811
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Chaoticdarkness66 » August 11th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Which was your favorite game/character(s)? I love Vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7.

What do you like best about the series? Final Fantasy 7 dirge of Cerberus not only because its based on Vincent but I thought the battling system was very interesting and the graphics as well as the different locations of the game made it all the more playable. I also liked how it focused more on the "collectible characters" of final fantasy 7 as well.

What do you hate the most about it? It was too short! XD. The only thing I hated about it was when I went to go buy it and the cashier told me not to get it ; he told me that it had nothing to do with Cloud and the story sucked and so on and so forth.

Dissidia anyone? Really cool concept of bringing all the character together the battling system is still a little weird for me though.....I did not play the second one yet...

Would you be up for a FFVII remake? I think it would be so cool if they did! Alot of the scenes would be really cool to see in killer graphics! Like for example cloud playing dress up X)
Image

Image
User avatar
Chaoticdarkness66
 
Posts: 97
Joined: August 8th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Chaoticdarkness66 wrote:Which was your favorite game/character(s)? I love Vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7.
Awesome.

What do you like best about the series? Final Fantasy 7 dirge of Cerberus not only because its based on Vincent but I thought the battling system was very interesting and the graphics as well as the different locations of the game made it all the more playable. I also liked how it focused more on the "collectible characters" of final fantasy 7 as well.

What do you hate the most about it? It was too short! XD. The only thing I hated about it was when I went to go buy it and the cashier told me not to get it ; he told me that it had nothing to do with Cloud and the story sucked and so on and so forth.

.....
.......
I.....wow, I have never met anyone who liked that game. Not saying anything against you, since I know nothing about you and it's only a game, but I'm serious...I've never met anyone like that. Anywho, I probably would've told you the same thing (except for it not being about Cloud, since I'd figure you could get that from the cover...), honestly. There was just too much wrong with that game for my tastes. Also, I'm saying this for conversation's sake, not argument, and you are entitled to your opinion : ) .

Dissidia anyone? Really cool concept of bringing all the character together the battling system is still a little weird for me though.....I did not play the second one yet...
Have you tried switching the controls? There's another option that gives you a command screen instead.

Would you be up for a FFVII remake? I think it would be so cool if they did! Alot of the scenes would be really cool to see in killer graphics! Like for example cloud playing dress up X)

And now we're on the same page again. XD
Guest
 

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Chaoticdarkness66 » August 13th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Molly-sama wrote:
Chaoticdarkness66 wrote:Which was your favorite game/character(s)? I love Vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7.
Awesome.

What do you like best about the series? Final Fantasy 7 dirge of Cerberus not only because its based on Vincent but I thought the battling system was very interesting and the graphics as well as the different locations of the game made it all the more playable. I also liked how it focused more on the "collectible characters" of final fantasy 7 as well.

What do you hate the most about it? It was too short! XD. The only thing I hated about it was when I went to go buy it and the cashier told me not to get it ; he told me that it had nothing to do with Cloud and the story sucked and so on and so forth.

.....
.......
I.....wow, I have never met anyone who liked that game. Not saying anything against you, since I know nothing about you and it's only a game, but I'm serious...I've never met anyone like that. Anywho, I probably would've told you the same thing (except for it not being about Cloud, since I'd figure you could get that from the cover...), honestly. There was just too much wrong with that game for my tastes. Also, I'm saying this for conversation's sake, not argument, and you are entitled to your opinion : ) .

Dissidia anyone? Really cool concept of bringing all the character together the battling system is still a little weird for me though.....I did not play the second one yet...
Have you tried switching the controls? There's another option that gives you a command screen instead.

Would you be up for a FFVII remake? I think it would be so cool if they did! Alot of the scenes would be really cool to see in killer graphics! Like for example cloud playing dress up X)

And now we're on the same page again. XD





Lol its cool , yea I get alot of people asking me why I like it XD But why do you think its bad( I swear I will not go off at you or anything!)
Image

Image
User avatar
Chaoticdarkness66
 
Posts: 97
Joined: August 8th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby mosama » August 13th, 2011, 4:23 pm

I actually miss-read the title of this thread as 'The Final Destination Thread'.
I came to laugh at it for being 3 pages long.
BUT NOW THE JOKE IS ON ME.
Image
Image
User avatar
mosama
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: January 24th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 13th, 2011, 4:27 pm

mosama wrote:I actually miss-read the title of this thread as 'The Final Destination Thread'.
I came to laugh at it for being 3 pages long.
BUT NOW THE JOKE IS ON ME.

I would've laughed too, more so at the fact that it's in the Video Game section.

... Though regardless of section I hope we never see a Final Destination thread on these foru-Someone's going to make one right now, aren't they?
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23811
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2011, 4:31 pm

I hope someone is...I hate those movies. XD

Chaoticdarkness66 wrote:Lol its cool , yea I get alot of people asking me why I like it XD But why do you think its bad( I swear I will not go off at you or anything!)


Okie dokie...let's see...general laziness is my biggest qualm. Such as:

-the out of cutscene graphics are a tad blocky
-only about four models of people, about five monster models
-aiming system is bleh
-poorly directed cutscenes
-Hojo's game model never changes, even during flashbacks that take place 30+ years ago.
-Steven Blum phoned it in. Of all people, what the hell.
-No Red XIII except for five seconds because animating his fur in a game where they could barely be bothered to render Vincent's hair moving takes too damn long. And really, he gets about as much attention as Yuffie, and that's very undeserved of a pretty badass character.

Other than that:

-CHARACTER DERAILMENT. Vincent got over his bs faster than Cloud should you go through the motions to get Death Penalty in the original game! Why do I have to see it again? At least Cloud had the excuse to mope in AC (he was dying, after all...).
-Bad retcons. So Lucrecia was the one who did the experimenting and whatnot? So...why is Vincent in love with her...? Oh, that's right. She's a Sympathy Sue. I'm supposed to feel bad for them because the story says so....wait. No. And hey, why's he still mad at Hojo if she did it? Oh, that's right. He stole his girlfriend. Except that she wasn't his girlfriend. *facepalm* By trying to make one character more sympathetic, they made everyone else an idiot and she became a bad guy and Mary Sue.
-No mention of other things in the original games that would have been affected by that game's events or vice versa (such as the Weapons or Meteor not causing all the Chaos/Omega bs, Edge no longer exists apparently, etc.)
-We're supposed to kind of accept Shelke as Vincent's love interest (WTF?)
-Shalua's (sp?) death scene is stupid and didn't even need to happen.
-Stupid/improbable character designs
-Stupid villain plots (so we need to kill people! Let's kidnap them and THEN kill them, instead of killing them right out!)
-Unexplained things in said stupid plot (we need to kill certain people only and put them directly into the lifestream! So let's kill everyone we don't need with machine guns and do that kidnapping thing with the other people by dumping them into the lifestream even though most to everyone that dies goes into the lifestream anyway!)
-Oh, and the game uses the internet as a plot point. In a Final Fantasy game. Like, the bad guy uploads himself into the internet. Which is pretty much the plot of at least one episode of almost every 90's cartoon. And people at the beginning? They're celebrating getting the internet back. They're celebrating Facebook.
-Forced stealth session with Cait Sith, who is inexplicably Scottish (as in AC, but dammit, stop that! It's not cute, SE).
-Forced to play as Cait Sith. I'm adding twice because the stealth part was awful by itself.
-WHY IS THERE A RUSSIAN/SPANISH OR HISPANIC OR LATINO/BRITISH PERSON IN THE FFVII WORLD?!
Last edited by Guest on August 13th, 2011, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest
 

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby blankd » August 13th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Molly-sama wrote:-WHY IS THERE A RUSSIAN/SPANISH OR HISPANIC OR LATINO/BRITISH PERSON IN THE FFVII WORLD?!

Who doesn't want to fight Red the Red, Blue the Blue and Black the Black? :lol:

Also you forgot forced stealth section!
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
User avatar
blankd
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 12:43 am
Location: computer

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 13th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Molly-sama wrote:I hate those movies. XD

Me too... I was devastated when I saw the trailer for 5, as I had thought it was finally ov-OHGODI'MTURNINGTHISINTOTHEFINALDESTINATIONTHREADFUCKTHAT!
BAHAMUT!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Whew, that's better.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23811
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Yay Bahaumat intermission! lol

blankd wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:-WHY IS THERE A RUSSIAN/SPANISH OR HISPANIC OR LATINO/BRITISH PERSON IN THE FFVII WORLD?!

Who doesn't want to fight Red the Red, Blue the Blue and Black the Black? :lol:

Also you forgot forced stealth section!


Oh god...I forgot their stupid names. And yeah...let me just add Cait Sith in general.
EDIT: aaaaaaaaand edited. XD
Guest
 

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 13th, 2011, 4:47 pm

But... But I liked Scottish Cait Sith in AC. :C
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23811
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby blankd » August 13th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Seven Rain wrote:But... But I liked Scottish Cait Sith in AC. :C

I actually like Cait Sith too, but no one deserves that stealth section... well maybe the people who shoved it into Dirge XD
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
User avatar
blankd
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 12:43 am
Location: computer

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron