Non-romance comics?

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

Non-romance comics?

Postby terrifiedimp » October 28th, 2011, 10:08 am

Not sure where to put this, but I mean - anyone want to recommend me some comics that have no romance? At all?

I mean, a good chunk of this site is full of BL, and not that it's bad or anything, but the other couple chunks have some sort of sexual and/or romantic component to them. It drives me nuts to rifle through all the comics with BL, HET, or GL tapered on all of them.

Not that any of the genres are bad, I'm just more particular to plot than romance. Which, unfortunately, is usually reversed on this site.

So it seems, anyway.
terrifiedimp

Re: Non-romance comics?

Postby gevans1961 » October 28th, 2011, 10:33 am

My comic "The art thief" is not a romance or yaoi. Instead, it's a slice of life mystery story.
gevans1961

Postby eishiya » October 28th, 2011, 12:02 pm

I was under the impression that aside from the BL, SJ had more non-romance comics than anything.

Recommendations from my favlist:
Two Keys
Anfange
La Valse des Reves (starts out with a date, but don't let that fool you)
My Finn (at least so far)

There are lots more out there with not even a hint of romantic subplots, but these are the ones I currently read that have updated recently and that I would recommend.
eishiya

Postby blankd » October 28th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Not to sound rude, but have you tried searching/browsing the site with the genre filters? Most of the ones you probably don't want to read typically appropriately labeled as romances.

Regardless, you could take a gander at the the Smackies '10 and Smackies '11 if you simply want some of the notable pickings from the site. Any comics you like should also have a respective similiar's lists that should bring you to more comics to your liking, looking there should also help in your search.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby terrifiedimp » October 29th, 2011, 3:59 pm

blankd wrote:Not to sound rude, but have you tried searching/browsing the site with the genre filters? Most of the ones you probably don't want to read typically appropriately labeled as romances.

Regardless, you could take a gander at the the Smackies '10 and Smackies '11 if you simply want some of the notable pickings from the site. Any comics you like should also have a respective similiar's lists that should bring you to more comics to your liking, looking there should also help in your search.

...I obviously haven't explored the site enough. Wow. Alright-y then, don't know why I didn't see the 'advanced search' button.

Thanks to all three of you, I'll be sure to check them out.
terrifiedimp

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2011, 3:42 pm

My comic has a relationship but it's not the most romantic one.

Postby Lycatel » January 9th, 2012, 12:58 am

You can check out my comic Jinn
It holds very little romance eh...

http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=136288

After the 4th episode Jinn will go on a haitus
Lycatel

Postby Trallt14 » January 22nd, 2012, 1:04 am

I dont know if youre looking for silly gag-a-day comics or not, but I know the creator of this one and there won't be any romance in it!
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=99296

Also, Imaginary Daughter is a surreal and beautifully done comic with no romance if you are looking for a good story.
Trallt14

Postby FalconKai » February 6th, 2012, 1:59 am

Why don't you try my comic then, it is a action, horror ect. With no romance whatsoever!

http://restlesssavior.smackjeeves.com/
FalconKai

Postby blankd » February 6th, 2012, 2:50 am

Guys, seriously, this is not a self-promo thread, cut that out right now.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Durvin » February 9th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Can you be any more specific? Yes, you don't like romance, but are you looking for a serious space-opera? Pokemon fanfic? Asinine sprite comics? Surreal horror-survival (see Ethan Nichole's Bearmageddon.com)? Stick-figure D&D parodies? There's a lot more out there than romance and non-romance.
Durvin

Postby Ronin356 » March 8th, 2012, 9:55 am

My comic Killjoy is Sci Fi noir. :)
Be sure to check out my webcomic Killjoy: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=98151
and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/
Thanks! Obama for 2012.
Ronin356

Postby Loverofpiggies » March 8th, 2012, 10:17 am

Hey, I know a lot of good comics that may possibly have romance, but not as the main story/plot. You may actually be missing out on a lot of comics if you altogether don't want any romantic relationships at all in a comic. I agree on plot,though, I'd rather read comics with good plots any day.

And yeah, anything else more genre specific? Comedy? Horror...? I can help you more if I know what you're lookin for.
Loverofpiggies

Postby Andrea C.Castro » March 12th, 2012, 2:30 am

well,my comic have a little bit of romance but it havr more about accio0n and drama !
Andrea C.Castro

Postby bebita » March 27th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I can recomend you one !.. one piece or naruto!
bebita

Next

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion