Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby Seven Rain » February 21st, 2013, 10:06 am

OH SHIT NINTENDO BRING THIS STATESIDE.

*EDIT*
Apparently it was confirmed for a future release outside of Japan via an official Miiverse comment.
<3
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » April 18th, 2013, 10:04 pm

I feel this thread is totally worth bumping after the last Nintendo Direct. Should've done so sooner, but yeah, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages coming to the 3DS eShop and a sequel to LttP is in the making~
EVERYONE GET HYPE.

Afrohawkman wrote:More Gameplay footage for LTTP2!

Good to see a video with the bottom screen in the view and someone who can actually play is great. Plus the music sounds pretty good. :D

My body is so damn ready. That music and atmosphere... Ohhh man, it's seriously so perfectly LttP universe. I know I've gushed about this a bit already but man... That dim atmosphere, that eerie music, (and wonderfully deadly-sounding boss music,) that young Link, even the sound effects are gloriously nostalgia-ridden and straight out of LttP. I love Nintendo for being such gods of combining old and new. I can feel nostalgic while still enjoying a new experience. I don't even care about the drawing gimmick anymore, I just can't wait for this game. I hope Nintendo packs plenty of content and side stuff to do into it, the more I see of this game the more I feel that it'll skyrocket into my list of favorite Zelda games.
Spoiler! :
And it's cool seeing Moldorm again, even though they made him easier to beat, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby robybang » April 19th, 2013, 1:32 am

I saw this on Escher Girls and thought it was kind of a dumb idea. I honestly think it's a good idea to have more games with a female lead, but doing what looks like a gender-swapped Link seems kind of a wasted opportunity. Why not play as Zelda from SSBB, where she can swap between Princess Zelda and Sheik. You could do a sort of a stealth/action platformer game where both have different attributes that aid in accomplishing goals, like Zelda can use magic to clear large groups of enemies and float to reach certain areas, and Sheik could do stealth and more targeted attacks. As for story, it would be kind of clever to set it as going on in one of the other previous game continuities with Zelda doing things in the background that play into the main story that Link is unaware of.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Seven Rain » April 19th, 2013, 2:09 am

Roby, stop it, stop making me imagine a wonderful game that'll never happen.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 19th, 2013, 9:29 am

robybang wrote:I saw this on Escher Girls and thought it was kind of a dumb idea. I honestly think it's a good idea to have more games with a female lead, but doing what looks like a gender-swapped Link seems kind of a wasted opportunity. Why not play as Zelda from SSBB, where she can swap between Princess Zelda and Sheik. You could do a sort of a stealth/action platformer game where both have different attributes that aid in accomplishing goals, like Zelda can use magic to clear large groups of enemies and float to reach certain areas, and Sheik could do stealth and more targeted attacks. As for story, it would be kind of clever to set it as going on in one of the other previous game continuities with Zelda doing things in the background that play into the main story that Link is unaware of.

Oh man, I've seen and talked about this before.

I pretty much agree. I feel like just slapping a Link costume on Zelda and giving her some powers is kind of lame honestly. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, but I'd much rather see this kind of idea given to another character entirely completely separate from the Zelda series. Not because it shakes up the Zelda series so much but because this is such a cool idea that I'd rather see this being made its own series that gets more games than see it get maybe one game and be considered "one of those spin-off games". It has much more potential as a separate game in my opinion just because the idea is so unique.

That said, if there were to be a game starring Zelda, why not just keep with her current design? She can still be a kick ass battle princess in a dress or going around with Shiek. She's already really powerful; changing up her outfit might make her more versatile but it should be something more unique, not just a Link costume pallete swap. Yeah I know, it's the traditional hero's clothing but still. If you're going to go through the trouble of making an entire game situated around Zelda, why not give her her own outfit specially designed for her? It would further distinguish the game and it would be completely acceptable to change up the Hero's clothing.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » July 31st, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hey guys.
The listing is frustratingly sparse on info, saying only that you can "Take on a more challenging difficulty level,"

This pleases me.
Seven Rain

Postby trenton_dawn » July 31st, 2013, 3:23 pm

Dude if they make New Game+ actually have increased difficulty that would be rad. I guess it might be something kind of like Skyward Sword's take on it, though.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Afrohawkman » August 28th, 2013, 8:42 pm

New boxart for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds! (linked because it's huge)

That NFC logo on the top right definitely intrigues me. Could we be seeing some online multiplayer or DLC? Oh I can't wait to find out more! Here's hoping we get a Nintendo Direct soon.
Afrohawkman

Postby xX-DragonFairy-Xx » September 29th, 2013, 10:51 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:New boxart for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds! (linked because it's huge)

That NFC logo on the top right definitely intrigues me. Could we be seeing some online multiplayer or DLC? Oh I can't wait to find out more! Here's hoping we get a Nintendo Direct soon.

Holy shiznits dat box is gorgeous!!! They just keep getting prettier <3

Online multiplyer sounds awesome! and maybe DLC dungeons? That would be cool. I remember really enjoying those little multiplyer minigames from one the DS games... I think it was phantom hourglass they were on, I can't really remember...
xX-DragonFairy-Xx

Postby Seven Rain » October 13th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » October 13th, 2013, 2:36 pm

> Lorule
.... <3
eishiya

Postby Seven Rain » October 13th, 2013, 8:22 pm

eishiya wrote:

> Lorule
.... <3

Yesss, that's wonderful.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » October 14th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Zelda and Hilda...

Am I the only one who thought of Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Afrohawkman » October 14th, 2013, 7:02 pm

ApaFox wrote:Zelda and Hilda...

Am I the only one who thought of Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

YESSSSS SOMEONE ELSE GOT THIS REFERENCE HAHAHA! It wasn't the first thing I thought of when I saw the names but afterward I just couldn't stop associating it with them.
Afrohawkman

Postby Mr. Neil » October 15th, 2013, 11:12 am

ApaFox wrote:I still don't understand the want for a "dark" Zelda like in Twilight Princess... sure, it was "mature", but I like a little light-heartedness in my Zelda.

All I want in my Zelda are dungeons. I want to be able to solve riddles and access hidden areas. That's Zelda for me.

That turning into a wolf nonsense really turned me off. Twilight Princess is easily my least favorite of the 3D Zeldas.
Mr. Neil

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games