Paroxysm Temporal

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

Paroxysm Temporal

Postby John Gatehouse » November 9th, 2013, 8:35 am

If your are slightly jaded with all the Manga-lite strips full of gratuitous violence and swearing and a never ending diet of boring hetro/gay/transgender relationships then take a wander over to some quality strips, of which there are quite a few on Smack Jeeves.

One I think worth checking out is Paroxysm Temporal, which, just by the title, gives you an indication that it is going to be somewhat 'interesting'.

I would best describe the series as super hero/horror/sci-fi (in any order you wish) and revolves around a father and son who are unexpectedly sucked into a Lovecraftian dimension where lots of nasty stuff appears to have befallen them; and then,five years later, they tumble out of another dimensional portal back to Earth with amazing super powers and some gruesome demons chasing after them.

So far, it is a great story, with lots of unanswered questions. It is both exciting and humorous, with genuinely interesting characters and a strong family dynamic in the vein of DC Comics "Animal Man". Jason has started using a quality colorist on the strip which brings much more depth to his artwork.

I for one am looking forward to seeing how this story pans out. So far, it has been a lot of fun.

If you fancy checking it out, here is a link (I hope, since I am useless at computers!):

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=126395

Have a good weekend everyone!

John Gatehouse
John Gatehouse

Re: Paroxysm Temporal

Postby Sasoman » November 11th, 2013, 11:00 pm

This is really awesome. + 1 from me
Sasoman

Re: Paroxysm Temporal

Postby Domja » November 11th, 2013, 11:28 pm

This book is the most awesomest book ever out there. It... oh wait this is my book so I might be biased. Thank you so much for the spotlight. I really love to hear what people think about my work. Sasoman glad you like it. I have a lot of fun characters planned to appear here soon, so stay tuned.
Thanks again Mr. Gatehouse
Ph'thll mglth'nafg Zothgon wgoh'nagth fthagh come Zothgon
Domja

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions