Dragon Ball Z

Re: Dragon Ball Z

Postby Seven Rain » March 1st, 2015, 12:24 pm

Eh, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to make Saiyans or Humans. This is the first DBZ game we've had with truly robust character creation.
UT's was fun for a first attempt, but was really half-assed. I mean don't get me wrong I'm going to have characters of every race, but I won't judge the people that want to be Saiyans. (Other than the unironic/non-self-aware edgelords.)
Spoiler! :
I only started with a Saiyan because I wanted to make a WOE character and the human fighting style didn't fit Reina.

*EDIT*
Actually if you count DBO as another character creation attempt, XV surpasses even that by a decent margin, but DBO actually lacked Saiyans altogether. You had to play as a human and wish for the small traces of Saiyan blood in your system to awaken and give you SSJ or whatever. So really this is the first DBZ game with good character creation to offer Saiyans.

Raging Ghost wrote:Saiyans are the squishy wizards of the game, after all.

Actually if anything Frieza's clan are the wizards. Saiyans are more like glass berzerkers.
Though at the end of the day I don't think anyone's sure how much the race choice actually affects stats.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 1st, 2015, 2:56 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Actually if anything Frieza's clan are the wizards. Saiyans are more like glass berzerkers.
Though at the end of the day I don't think anyone's sure how much the race choice actually affects stats.

Frieza clan focuses on speed with low attack, making them fragile speedsters. They gain speed if their HP is under 50%.
Majin's are mighty glaciers, possessing high defence but slow stamina recovery. Maxed out stamina also means less damage. Male Majins have more HP but are low speed while Female Majins are reverse, low HP with high speed.
Namekian's have high HP and defence plus they can recover health.
Human's are jack of all stats with ki recovering automatically over time and attack power rising when maxed.
Lastly Saiyan's are glass cannons, low defence, high attack, attack power increasing after getting revived.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » March 1st, 2015, 3:10 pm

XxVanitasXx wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Actually if anything Frieza's clan are the wizards. Saiyans are more like glass berzerkers.

Frieza clan focuses on speed with low attack, making them fragile speedsters.

Yeah, but they've also got that special paralysis thing going on, which is why they first came to mind when seeing the wizard comparison, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » March 2nd, 2015, 1:45 am

I'm a frieza clan and I have no idea what I'm doing but I like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vo3fkmhd4kvg3 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
kevansevans

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 2nd, 2015, 7:21 am

I think there's also small dialogue changes for which race you are playing as.

Like when Ginyu performs the body change accidentally on the custom character.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Hunterkirizaki » March 2nd, 2015, 8:11 am

XxVanitasXx wrote:I think there's also small dialogue changes for which race you are playing as.

Doesn't do a good enough job sometimes.

The two main antagonists you keep meeting keep referring to my female Majin race character as "little man".
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 2nd, 2015, 8:34 am

Hunterkirizaki wrote:Doesn't do a good enough job sometimes.
The two main antagonists you keep meeting keep referring to my female Majin race character as "little man".

Translation team being incredibly lazy from the looks of it. They didn't bother given voice actors dialogue based on the custom characters gender. Or they just assumed that everyone would be playing as male characters.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » March 2nd, 2015, 3:48 pm

Hunterkirizaki wrote:
XxVanitasXx wrote:I think there's also small dialogue changes for which race you are playing as.

Doesn't do a good enough job sometimes.

Yeah. They have distinct dialogue for race but not gender. From what I've heard the Japanese version didn't have any direct gender references so all the dialogue was gender-neutral, unfortunately they didn't pull that off in the US version.

*EDIT*
This game's story gets so brutal later. You really have to fight like a little shit to get through some of these bosses.

*EDIT*
Okay the Cell Saga was pretty painful but the Buu and BoG Sagas completely redeemed it, Story mode is finally fun again.
Spoiler! :
PQs are still insanely brutal, though.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » March 7th, 2015, 2:32 am

They patched the PC version and vanishing isn't bugged anymore I'm so happy!
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » March 9th, 2015, 10:09 am

One more bump and then I'll leave this thread alone.
The Party Gang can officially record PC gameplay at 60fps, pretty cool. Posting here because I used Xenoverse as a test.

Can I just say that while the AI is annoying and the game still has it's flaws, I really underestimated the combat. Now that I have a firm grasp of so many things the game never explains to you, (not to mention vanishing in the PC version is fixed now,) it's getting more and more fun all the time.

If anyone ever sees me logged into Steam and playing it feel free to message me for some fights. I'm sure there's a way to do private friend fights or something.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 22nd, 2015, 3:15 am

So how has everyone's Xenoverse experience been so far?
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » March 22nd, 2015, 10:29 am

XxVanitasXx wrote:So how has everyone's Xenoverse experience been so far?

Improved a lot after they patched vanishing, and after I've gotten used to all the parts of combat the game doesn't really explain to you, it got a lot more fun.
Been taking a break, though. Playin' a lot of Type-0 HD and SNES games. Need to log in and get those free Dragon Balls later, though.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 22nd, 2015, 2:02 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Improved a lot after they patched vanishing, and after I've gotten used to all the parts of combat the game doesn't really explain to you, it got a lot more fun.Been taking a break, though. Playin' a lot of Type-0 HD and SNES games. Need to log in and get those free Dragon Balls later, though.

Ooh, that's nice. So what type of character you are rocking and what techniques?
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » March 22nd, 2015, 3:26 pm

XxVanitasXx wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Improved a lot after they patched vanishing, and after I've gotten used to all the parts of combat the game doesn't really explain to you, it got a lot more fun.Been taking a break, though. Playin' a lot of Type-0 HD and SNES games. Need to log in and get those free Dragon Balls later, though.

Ooh, that's nice. So what type of character you are rocking and what techniques?

Well after clearing the game I made several, but my main/highest-leveled character is a shameless insertion of one of my comic characters. Even though she's technically "human" I went with Saiyan both because I like it's animations better and because in-canon she's not actually from Earth so it's not a stretch to liken her to a Saiyan.

The rest of my characters however I went with legit DB-esque characters to fit in with the DB universe, though still edgetarded because to hell with it I like making edgy fan characters for some stuff.
I think at this point I have a Saiyan male named Beeta, a Namekian named Bass, and a Friezaraceclanwhatever named Alamoda.

I can't even remember all the techniques I have equipped, I'm playing around with whatever until I amass enough of a stockpile to give Reina a moveset accurate to what she can do later in WOE.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » March 23rd, 2015, 11:49 am

YO EXTREME BUTODEN HAS A TV SPOT AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON.

This isn't enough. Damn, I need to see more, I need to see some straight-up matches being played. This looks bananas.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games