Need help on a template (rock/music)

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

Need help on a template (rock/music)

Postby animesouth » June 4th, 2009, 8:18 pm

I'm looking for help for a template I need. I'm not completely unfamiliar with them, but most I do is just copy and paste stuff. In terms of what I'm looking for is a rock and roll type theme. Amps, guitars, drums, microphones, ect. Grey and black would be good main colors. I won't go into to many details yet until someone agrees to help me out a little. Thanks in advance! I've yet to add character pages and ect. yet but would like too soon.

http://bandmates.smackjeeves.com

Something like this, simple, but good. Of course, this is just a rough. I'd still need news areas (and a news page link at the top bar, forgot to put one in) and what not.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/p ... otype1.png
animesouth

Re: Need help on a template (rock/music)

Postby Pyroman » June 5th, 2009, 12:47 am

If you're willing to hold on for a week or two then I would be more than happy to make you one. I have to finish the other requests below this first, but once they are out of the way I'm happy to help.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby animesouth » June 5th, 2009, 12:50 am

Sure, I don't mind at all. Hope I wasn't too vague with my request. I was tired when I typed it :P
animesouth

Postby Pyroman » June 5th, 2009, 12:59 am

Nah it's cool. When I get down to this I'll get you to type up the specifics of exactly what you want, and then we'll work from there. I usually create a prototype of sorts, and I'll get you to tell me what you like/don't like and we'll just whittle it down from there.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby animesouth » June 5th, 2009, 1:12 am

Cool, can't wait to see it. Thanks again, can't believe it was this easily actually :)
animesouth

Postby Pyroman » June 30th, 2009, 12:55 am

Ok ready to go on this one. You mentioned you had changed the design over, did you edit it into the post at the top? If not just drop it here in the resolution you want the site to be and I'll get right on it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby animesouth » July 1st, 2009, 7:15 pm

This is it basically. Not to sound too specific, but what the boxes are specifically are as follows

1. Top left box is for twitter

2 Top right is for voting buttons 8 total

3. Bottom left is for project wonderful

4. Bottom right is for Google ads

5. Large top middle box is for content (newest strip)

6. Smaller bottom middle box is for news

And, if possible, I would like the bottom grey bar used for smaller button ads from project wonderful, 4 total.

Because of the vote box on the front page, the vote page *links pictured on the menu on the prototype* is not needed now. So scratch that one. I would also like the tone knob to link to my LiveJournal and the Vol. Knob to link to my Deviant art.

Sorry again if I'm sounding bossy or overly specific. But I've kinda been into design this for a week now, I've had some extra freetime :P

As for resolution, I'm honestly at a loss there. So if you have any advice as to what resolution to use, it would be appreciated.

And the rest of the site should just kinda go along with the whole "amp" theme.

animesouth

Postby Pyroman » July 1st, 2009, 11:49 pm

Agh I'm so happy when people specify what they want!

Ok, just a few more things and then I'll be underway.

1. Could I please have a link to clean versions of the volume and tone knobs.
    2. Could you let me know what the font you are using is called.
    3. The various boxes for the various functions are fine, I can do that, but it would be awesome if I could get sizings on them, as I imagine they will be varied. If you don't have sizes, then I will do my best to make them resizeable, and we can work through issues on the other side.
    4. I understand this is the News page, but would the Comic page follow the same idea, but with the Comments where the News posts would be? If not, just specify what you'd like to happen there.

Anyway, that should be it. With the above info I'll be able to get on this right away.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby animesouth » July 2nd, 2009, 12:27 am

Pyroman wrote:Agh I'm so happy when people specify what they want!

Ok, just a few more things and then I'll be underway.

1. Could I please have a link to clean versions of the volume and tone knobs.
    2. Could you let me know what the font you are using is called.
    3. The various boxes for the various functions are fine, I can do that, but it would be awesome if I could get sizings on them, as I imagine they will be varied. If you don't have sizes, then I will do my best to make them resizeable, and we can work through issues on the other side.
    4. I understand this is the News page, but would the Comic page follow the same idea, but with the Comments where the News posts would be? If not, just specify what you'd like to happen there.

Anyway, that should be it. With the above info I'll be able to get on this right away.

1. Honestly, I used the all mighty google on this one. But here are the same pictures before I resized and cleaned them up

http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpres ... e-knob.jpg

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/p ... 225673.jpg

2. The font is called " 80 Decibals " Not sure if I spelled that right, it's late lol. And the main top banner is embossed and back lit via photoshop.

3. Ah, sizes, lets see. I'm not sure on the twitter, but it's the same box that pretty much anyone uses, example would be http://questionablecontent.net Jeph Jaques uses one. I'll see if I can find the exact size if you can't tell from that site (honestly I can't). The opposite side top box would be for vote buttons, which number an even 8 (7 are up on the current site the 8th is belfry which I'm working on getting a button). I'm guessing a square, 4 in a column, 2 columns, would look best, squared off and what not.

And the project wonderful and google ads are both skyscrapers so 160X600 I believe is right. And the four button adds on the grey bottom bar are each 117X30, lined up horizontaly.

4. Yes and no. The page would remain the same except take out the four boxes on the side. The twitter, vote, proj. wond. skyscraper, and google skyscraper, would only be on the front page. The four button ads from proj. wond. on the bottom grey bar would remain universal, on every page. But besides that, the only ads are on the front page. And then for next, previous, firs, last buttons, whatever you think would match the theme most. Music notes, or guitars, ect. Rock and music themed stuff is actually kinda generalized.

I'm sure I've missed something, but if so then you can point it out and I'll see if I can get better info.
animesouth

Postby Pyroman » July 2nd, 2009, 12:37 am

Alright that sounds fine. I will look into the boxes, but they shouldn't be an issue to resize. Having the comic page different may involve a bit of jiggling but as far as I can tell it should be no issue.

I'll get back to you if I need anymore info, but hopefully this will be done in the next few days.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby animesouth » July 2nd, 2009, 12:51 am

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! (sorry, had to be done)

Anyways, I anxiously await :D
animesouth

Postby animesouth » July 2nd, 2009, 11:23 pm

Not to double post but I just wanted to warn you that I will be gone for the weekend after tomorrow. I wont be back on until about monday afternoon.
animesouth

Postby Pyroman » July 2nd, 2009, 11:26 pm

Not a problem. Hopefully I will have the prototype up by then.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby animesouth » July 2nd, 2009, 11:32 pm

Cool, I look forward to it.
animesouth

Postby Pyroman » July 11th, 2009, 10:06 am

just for your piece of mind, so you know I'm not actually ignoring you, the prototype is over here. It's about halfway done, and I totally stole QC's twitter feed, but that's the basic layout for now. I still have to do all the actual formatting of the text and layout of course, but the images and columns are done.

I just wanted to touch base with you mainly because I was a little worried that you thought I was ditching you!

Anyway, enjoy.

Oh, P.S. I need the links to your DevART, Livejournal and the codes for:
Your twitter feed,
PW ads (both big and small),
The Google Ad.
Then I can get those in place right away.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Next

Return to Template Requests