SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Postby Raging Ghost » November 2nd, 2015, 11:41 am

Have something I did for the Support DP community:

Raging Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » November 6th, 2015, 8:43 am

This just in: if you're interested, my college is getting more strike days next Thursday and Friday. Unless something happens, I'll be available for Smash on these days.

Update: I work next Thursday night at 5:00PM - 9:00PM EST, so if we do it at night, it's going to be around 9 to account for the time I come back. Friday, on the other hand, is pretty much free.
Raging Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » November 20th, 2015, 8:45 am

Someone made a moveset analysis about Cloud.

Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » December 15th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Not one, but TWO new characters confirmed in the Smash Direct

Spoiler! :
Corrin from the Upcoming Fire Emblem: Fates (He has a chainsaw sword but it is NOT his main mode of attack, he's a dragon shapeshifter!),

and the community winner...

Bayonetta! She's going to control VERY much like in her games. She has the potential to string together absolutely insane amount of combos. Witch Time is going to be a variation of the EXTREMELY common counter attacks.
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » December 15th, 2015, 5:45 pm

That presentation was pretty hype. I was genuinely surprised by those two. All three of the final DLC characters look fun as hell, but I was hoping they'd release Cloud today after the Direct. I'm all hyped up on new Smash DLC now but it's all still a ways off! There was a balance patch, though, and some really cool changes with it.
Spoiler! :
Also it kinda made me want to play some FFVII, but I'm not ready to hop back into another RPG while I'm still in XCX mode.

*EDIT*
Jacob's supposed to be coming over here a bit later, anyone here wanna get down on some dubs? Party Gang vs. Smack Jeeves. I've been wanting to do it for a while now.
Spoiler! :
Of course we'll mix it up with some FFA and team-swapping, too, but I've been wanting to do some dubs for a while now, and particularly wanna get some practice in with Jacob in matches where we have to deal with friendly fire.
Last edited by Seven Rain on December 15th, 2015, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » December 15th, 2015, 5:48 pm

I thought they DID announce Cloud for today, though...?

Anyway, Bayonetta looks pretty badass/hardcore. Corrin I didn't see all of, was still trying/struggling to pay attention to my animation shot at the time... Looked like he had some neat mechanics as well though. Wasn't expecting him at all. I'm glad he's not a standard sword-dude. (that reach... longer than shulk's, hot dang.)

... I wanna play, dangit.
Captain Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » December 15th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:I thought they DID announce Cloud for today, though...?

They announced Cloud last month, they just expanded on what his fighting style is. Basically all of his specials have stronger Limit Break variations. A limit break gauge is mostly semi-hidden (Limit Charge is his down special until fully charged, during which you see gauge progress. Using down special at full Limit gauge instead becomes a weak attack with very high knockback).
DracheLehre

Postby Captain Ghost » December 15th, 2015, 5:58 pm

DracheLehre wrote:

They announced Cloud last month, they just expanded on what his fighting style is. Basically all of his specials have stronger Limit Break variations. A limit break gauge is mostly semi-hidden (Limit Charge is his down special until fully charged, during which you see gauge progress. Using down special at full Limit gauge instead becomes a weak attack with very high knockback).

I meant I thought they announced that he would be available for download today, justa little while after the direct. I remember pointing it out to my classmate and watching him bounce excitedly.
owo That's all.

edit;; in response to Casey's 'but I was hoping they'd release Cloud today after the Direct,' I mean.
Captain Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » December 15th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Seven Rain wrote:That presentation was pretty hype. I was genuinely surprised by those two. All three of the final DLC characters look fun as hell, but I was hoping they'd release Cloud today after the Direct. I'm all hyped up on new Smash DLC now but it's all still a ways off! There was a balance patch, though, and some really cool changes with it.
Spoiler! :
Also it kinda made me want to play some FFVII, but I'm not ready to hop back into another RPG while I'm still in XCX mode.

*EDIT*
Jacob's supposed to be coming over here a bit later, anyone here wanna get down on some dubs? Party Gang vs. Smack Jeeves. I've been wanting to do it for a while now.
Spoiler! :
Of course we'll mix it up with some FFA and team-swapping, too, but I've been wanting to do some dubs for a while now, and particularly wanna get some practice in with Jacob in matches where we have to deal with friendly fire.

Call me fucking in. Well, after I ate, that is. Will this be recorded?
Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » December 15th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:
DracheLehre wrote:

I meant I thought they announced that he would be available for download today, justa little while after the direct. I remember pointing it out to my classmate and watching him bounce excitedly.
owo That's all.

edit;; in response to Casey's 'but I was hoping they'd release Cloud today after the Direct,' I mean.

Yes, he''ll be out VERY shortly! I'll personally wait until servers aren't so stuffed to the gills with orders

Corrin and Bayonetta are slated to be release in February or thereabouts
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » December 15th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Yeah I just found out that he's still supposed to drop today. I guess I missed that part during the Direct and news site posts. Fucking pumped.

Raging Ghost wrote:Call me fucking in. Well, after I ate, that is. Will this be recorded?

It might be. I'd rather not take up even more space on my hard drive with footage needing edited, but it seems like a good idea to record some.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » December 15th, 2015, 6:40 pm

ULTRA HYPED for Bayonetta. One of my favorite characters is getting in Smash? AND SHE'S A COMBO GOD!? Hell yes I will be playing her. She looks absolutely amazing.

Seven Rain wrote:
Raging Ghost wrote:Call me fucking in. Well, after I ate, that is. Will this be recorded?

It might be. I'd rather not take up even more space on my hard drive with footage needing edited, but it seems like a good idea to record some.

If I can join I can do some recording as well :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Bowserknight » December 15th, 2015, 7:13 pm

I'm real excited about Bayonetta and Corrin. I know they're Another Fire Emblem Character, but the chainsaw sword and dragon stuff make them the coolest-looking one.
I've heard Cloud just appeared in the eShop... I'm not gonna be able to buy him tonight, though.
Bowserknight

Postby Raging Ghost » December 18th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Anyone available for Smash tomorrow night?
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » December 18th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Anyone available for Smash tomorrow night?

I probably will. Got a time window?
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games