Something you like about the above SJver's comic

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

Re: Something you like about the above SJver's comic

Postby eishiya » November 22nd, 2016, 6:33 pm

martina313 wrote:Sovereign has some really vivid colouring,Something I've always adored in most comics. It makes the setting seem so alive
(Plus I REALLY like the expressions!!)

The comic link in your signature is broken. Looks like it should be galaxycruisers instead of gc-comic. You also don't need the www.

I got to it through your profile though. I liked the expressions your characters have! Even in more boring situations, they all have resting-awesome-face :D And on top of that they seem to all have unique ways of expressing themselves, which is great.
eishiya

Postby martina313 » November 23rd, 2016, 11:04 am

eishiya wrote:
martina313 wrote:Sovereign has some really vivid colouring,Something I've always adored in most comics. It makes the setting seem so alive
(Plus I REALLY like the expressions!!)

The comic link in your signature is broken. Looks like it should be galaxycruisers instead of gc-comic. You also don't need the www.

I got to it through your profile though. I liked the expressions your characters have! Even in more boring situations, they all have resting-awesome-face :D And on top of that they seem to all have unique ways of expressing themselves, which is great.

Ohhh my gosh,I'm so sorry about that! The comic's page recently went through a lot of changes,Including a new URL and I forgot to change the link in my signature! Thanks for saying though,But I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!

But thanks so much though! The expressions are one of the things I REALLY like to draw,And I'm glad you like them!

Your comic's really good too! I love the way you draw eyes and faces in general! The fact it's all black and white adds to the dramatic effect aswell,Which I love very much!
martina313

Postby Oly-RRR » December 22nd, 2016, 9:02 pm

Ahhh, I know that I'm repeating eishiya but I think expressions are a big strong point of your comic, nicely done! And I'm really impressed by improvement between the early pages and more recent ones, keep it up!!

And I legit laughed at "I didn't know the Dutch had such odd habits" - I like this Saturday Afternoon vibe you have going. :)
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Squirreltastic-Blue » December 22nd, 2016, 9:22 pm

Have I ever told you that your art both amazes and terrifies me? I mean that in a good way. The detail is just jaw-dropping and yet you maintain the cartoon aesthetic. Backgrounds, characters (right down to the teeth), and you're constantly improving on them.
In short, your comic's art. Definitely the art.
Squirreltastic-Blue

Postby WinterSunSummerSnow » January 15th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Squirreltastic, I love your simple, thick-lined, cartoony style. Even the shading is simple, and the style really goes with the tone of the comic.

My comic: The extremely lame http://pmdteamstormfront.smackjeeves.com/
WinterSunSummerSnow

Postby Fukairi » January 17th, 2017, 8:21 pm

WinterSunSummerSnow wrote:Squirreltastic, I love your simple, thick-lined, cartoony style. Even the shading is simple, and the style really goes with the tone of the comic.

My comic: The extremely lame http://pmdteamstormfront.smackjeeves.com/

I Like the colourscheme you've chosen on the pages, very nice cool shades of colours on each sides of the spectrum. It's very clean & easy to read.

---------

UrbanMysticDee wrote:Last Train Home

Absolutely beautiful. A rare jem. I was immediately drawn in and captivated until the end. The colours, the emotion, everything, very good.

Oh thank you, I did not expect anyone to choose the old-as-balls one! I appreciate it though, it holds a special place in my cringe-heart :3
Last edited by Fukairi on January 19th, 2017, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fukairi

Postby UrbanMysticDee » January 19th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Last Train Home

Absolutely beautiful. A rare jem. I was immediately drawn in and captivated until the end. The colours, the emotion, everything, very good.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Previous

Return to Forum Games