Nintendo Switch

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Seven Rain » March 5th, 2017, 1:32 am

DracheLehre wrote:
Spoiler! :
Every time I see a lone traveler in this game (BoTW), I get happy because the chances are that they are of the Yiga clan, which generally means free cool weapon and money!

Just ran into one of them myself.
Spoiler! :
I was so amused by the cheery cult-like reveal of her being Yiga that I was caught off-guard when she attacked.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » March 5th, 2017, 7:19 pm

I feel like I might've done it a bit early, but, I did one of the divine beasts. Those things seem kinda weird.
Here's a tip: for beating the water one at least, you get this single-use item that works automatically- but if you don't wanna use it right away, you can go to it in the key items menu and disable it.

I started a text file just to keep track of the stuff I wanna do in this game. If anyone's curious, here's my unofficial main quests for myself:
Spoiler! :
-see what's south of the starting plateau since there doesn't seem to be a Beast there??
-find Hestu's forest
-find some wheat or something and see if I can make a cake in this game
-One time a bear ran past me and I saw a prompt to mount it??? I have to ride a bear
Bowserknight

Postby DracheLehre » March 5th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Spoiler! :
Just encountered my first Steppe Talus. INCREDIBLY worth it to take down (They drop LOTS of gemstones). I'm definitely farming them after every Blood Moon. The one I found was North of the Hateno Tower and I just pelted its weak point with the bomb arrows I had coincidentally purchased just minutes before.
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » March 6th, 2017, 12:47 am

Been seeing some pretty cool stuff.
Spoiler! :
A big serpentine dragon called Farosh came flying out of Lake Hylia. I haven't really looked into it a lot yet but I don't think you can actually fight it.

Also saw a shooting star physically land on the map and rushed over to it. Got a Star Fragment from the spot it landed. Already had one from somewhere else, can't remember, but was still cool to see.
Couldn't get a snapshot of it though, saw it while away from the controller.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » March 6th, 2017, 11:56 am

I met with two Yiga Clan members, so far. Let's just say that two-on-one aren't necessarily good odds. ...for them. I had Wolf Link along.

Anyway, I've been goofing around and seeking out stuff like shrines and Great Fairy Fountains.

Spoiler! :
Oh, and I own a house. There's the "Hylian Homemaker" quest you can get at Hateno Village from a bunch of guys who are working on demolishing a house there.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » March 6th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:
Spoiler! :
Oh, and I own a house. There's the "Hylian Homemaker" quest you can get at Hateno Village from a bunch of guys who are working on demolishing a house there.

Duuude, I'mma do that next time I'm on.
Seven Rain

Postby Oly-RRR » March 6th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Waaah finally got Switch online access. Only took a day and a different router, WTF, Nintendo. :| (At least I didn't have to buy the router, stepdad had a couple of dead ones he was meaning to repair anyway.)

STUPID QUESTION: is it possible to just find raw meat OR is it possible to get warm clothes not from the old man? I really don't want to shoot boars (or squirrels- or lizards- I try to only kill stuff that wants to kill me). :cry: But I also really want to get to the mountains and I don't think the elixirs I cooked are enough. :?

And I still love everything and will probably buy 3DS Zelda games when I have disposable income again!!
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby DracheLehre » March 6th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Perhaps we should create a Breath of the Wild thread, because that's basically all this thread is now...
DracheLehre

Postby DracheLehre » March 6th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:Waaah finally got Switch online access. Only took a day and a different router, WTF, Nintendo. :| (At least I didn't have to buy the router, stepdad had a couple of dead ones he was meaning to repair anyway.)

STUPID QUESTION: is it possible to just find raw meat OR is it possible to get warm clothes not from the old man? I really don't want to shoot boars (or squirrels- or lizards- I try to only kill stuff that wants to kill me). :cry: But I also really want to get to the mountains and I don't think the elixirs I cooked are enough. :?

And I still love everything and will probably buy 3DS Zelda games when I have disposable income again!!

You can also cook the peppers with the apples to achieve the same effect.
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » March 6th, 2017, 6:32 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:STUPID QUESTION: is it possible to just find raw meat OR is it possible to get warm clothes not from the old man?

Both can be purchased from merchants later, as far as I know. There are traveling merchants and towns scattered around where you can buy food, and stores that sell clothing and armor.
I don't know nearly all of the recipes yet, but I do know you can also make vegetarian meals that heal and buff you just fine without using meat.

Or if it's only the killing part that bothers you, stick to small critters like lizards and fish. Those can be grabbed and cooked without shooting them, though you gotta be quick and/or sneaky about it.
As for the Warm Doublet, I assume you can buy it later from clothing stores, but at the very least I'm sure there are other clothing sets that have the same effect, and like Drache said, you can make elixers and food with peppers and stuff to give yourself warming effects, though if you're still early in the game it might be hard finding the right ingredients.

DracheLehre wrote:Perhaps we should create a Breath of the Wild thread, because that's basically all this thread is now...

We actually have a Zelda general, but since this side of the forum is so dead these days I don't see the harm in keeping everything to the Switch thread.
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » March 6th, 2017, 10:59 pm

I was finally able to tame a horse with a Wild temperament. They are fucking assholes to actually break but are well worth it (e.g. with the one I got 4 speed, 3 strength, 4 stamina).

I've also taken to start naming some after the series' final bosses. The aforementioned one was dubbed "Bellum."

*Also*: I made the stupid decision to go for the Central Hyrule Tower. Only go if you are incredibly ready, or incredibly ballsy. There are Guardians goddamn EVERYWHERE!
Sure, I somehow made it but It was the scariest climb ever with all of the lasers and explosions until about halfway up.
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » March 7th, 2017, 1:09 am

DracheLehre wrote:*Also*: I made the stupid decision to go for the Central Hyrule Tower. Only go if you are incredibly ready, or incredibly ballsy. There are Guardians goddamn EVERYWHERE!

It was the first thing I did after the rest of the world opened up, with very little convincing from my buddy. The sudden MGS feeling of sneaking around hiding from magic gunships was hilarious but I didn't get any further than a pile of what looked like the nightmare goop from Little Nemo.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » March 7th, 2017, 11:27 am

Seven Rain wrote:
DracheLehre wrote:*Also*: I made the stupid decision to go for the Central Hyrule Tower. Only go if you are incredibly ready, or incredibly ballsy. There are Guardians goddamn EVERYWHERE!

It was the first thing I did after the rest of the world opened up, with very little convincing from my buddy. The sudden MGS feeling of sneaking around hiding from magic gunships was hilarious but I didn't get any further than a pile of what looked like the nightmare goop from Little Nemo.

I found a tower in the Akkala region with that kind of goop too. But hey, all I did was to play around with Magnesis and I managed to activate it.

EDIT: Here's a protip. Spoiler'd because reasons.

Spoiler! :
There's a statue around Hateno Village where you can respec your hearts into stamina wheels and vice-versa.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » March 9th, 2017, 12:55 am

Beat one of the Guardian beast things the other day. I'm pretty satisfied if all four of them are gonna be that fun. After all, Majora's Mask only had four major dungeons/bosses, and this game has waaay more stuff to do in-between.

Spoiler! :
Also discovered the house you can buy and upgrade from the construction/carpenter fellas, (I love these dudes. Bolson is one of my favorite characters so far.) Super stoked about that. Even better is after you buy it one of them goes off to start his own town that you get to help him build. This game scratches all the right open-world itches.

Oh, and I successfully tamed a deer. Unfortunately the stables dude was having none of it.
My dreams of storing a Lynel in the stables and raising questionable moral debates over it's level of intelligence and potential enslavement have been crushed.
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » March 9th, 2017, 11:20 am

Okay, seriously? How the hell did I roll THREE Blood Moons in a such quick succession?!

First one: In Akkala, trying to get to the tower, I thought "At least, I didn't destroy any of these Guardians"

Second one: 2 game days later, searching for some shrines in the same region trying to relight the lab's furnace. "great I'll have to contend with that broken Guardian again."

Third one: 2 game days later, in the Hyrule Woodlands, on my way to the shrine near the stables. "WHAT IS GOING ON?!"
DracheLehre

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games