General Pokemon

Re: General Pokemon

Postby shawnyadav » April 26th, 2018, 6:46 am

Fascanating how even after 2 years when Pokemon GO was a thing it still been making millions everyday. Damn!
shawnyadav

Postby Oly-RRR » April 26th, 2018, 12:21 pm

cloverthegreat wrote:Pokemon Go community day had a ton of Mareep for like...a half hour and now it's super slow.

It was three hours but yeah, Community day felt like how they game should function ALL THE TIME to be enjoyable. :? At this point I play it for a couple of weeks and give up. And levelling up feels more like a punishment because it's ridiculously slow - got some new balls, here's a newly empty XP counter. I don't even care about XP in most games.
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Seven Rain » May 29th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Seven Rain

Postby kayotics » May 29th, 2018, 9:42 pm

My fiance is really excited about the Lets Go, Pikachu game, not because they're a big pokemon fan, but because yellow version was their first Pokemon game. We'll probably get it.
kayotics

Postby Oly-RRR » May 29th, 2018, 10:08 pm

kayotics wrote:My fiance is really excited about the Lets Go, Pikachu game

AAAAH personally I can't wait!! I kinda knew I'd get any Pokemon game for Switch as long as it's not Pokken (and even with Pokken I keep considering it, it's just that it seems really overpriced for just battling with a limited number of pokemon, no exploring or anything) and now it's like set aside the money for both Pikachu and Evee, SET CALENDARS FOR NOVEMBER!! :mrgreen: Though pokemon is generally a consistent source of positivity for me so it's not exactly surprising. :P

Feeling slightly bothered about it being tied to Pokemon Go though.
Oly-RRR

Postby DracheLehre » May 29th, 2018, 10:40 pm

I'm definitely getting Eevee because I am a MUCH bigger fan of those adorable suckers than Pikachu (TBH Pikachu is not in my top 10 cutest pokemon, maybe top 25)
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » May 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm

I know lots of Pokemon fans hate "genwunners" but I can't help myself. My love for the series is driven by nostalgia, so any chance to return to Kanto and the original 150 is a plus for me.
I'll probably get the Pikachu version just for that extra nostalgic kick to remind me of Yellow Version. I love Eevee but if Yellow is any indicator we won't be able to evolve the mascots so that Eevee will be stuck as an Eevee the entire game. I'd rather have me a Jolteon and get my nostalgia kicks from Pikachu.

It really makes me miss oldschool chubby Pikachu, though.

Oly-RRR wrote:(and even with Pokken I keep considering it, it's just that it seems really overpriced for just battling with a limited number of pokemon, no exploring or anything)

Yeah, fighting games are always more about the competitive and repetitive side of gaming. It's for people that thoroughly enjoy fighting friends and online players over and over again. It's not for everyone.
Spoiler! :
I agree on the limited amount of Pokemon, though. I know you can't expect a fighting game roster to scrape even the tip of the Pokemon Iceberg with 600-700+ of the little bastards now, but it's still rather lacking.
Seven Rain

Postby Oly-RRR » May 29th, 2018, 11:46 pm

DracheLehre wrote:I'm definitely getting Eevee because I am a MUCH bigger fan of those adorable suckers than Pikachu (TBH Pikachu is not in my top 10 cutest pokemon, maybe top 25)

I used to feel really indifferent about Eevee until Pokemon Go, now those buggers are in my top 10 favourite Pokemon too! I love Pikachu too though, I keep rats and I feel that Pikachu is actually closer to my guys design-wise than Ratata. And well, I've been trying to buy both versions of Pokemon games for years anyway (though I still haven't got Ultra Sun/Moon because they just seem like expansions of Sun/Moon, maybe I'll wait for a good deal or treat myself on my birthday or just wait for Switch Pokemon games, dunno).

Seven Rain wrote:I'd rather have me a Jolteon and get my nostalgia kicks from Pikachu.

Yeah, Jolteon is probably my fav Eevolution (I have three or four of them in Po Go) but I'll be happy with Eevee too. Eee this is exciting wither way! :D And I missed the DS times of "walking" your mons entirely and didn't get the clock thingie for Po Go either so I'm really looking forward to the pokeball thing if Nintendo actually supplies enough of them and it won't be the whole amiibo situation all over again (what? I can hope).

Seven Rain wrote:It really makes me miss oldschool chubby Pikachu

Looking even more like my rat guys <333

Seven Rain wrote:It's for people that thoroughly enjoy fighting friends and online players over and over again. It's not for everyone.

I'm like that with Splatoon and ARMS (before I started having issues with online mode but that's too tl;dr and annoying and should get resolved eventually) but yeah, not sure it'd click for me with Pokken, especially now that the pokemon void on Switch is about to be filled anyway. I do plan to give more fighting games a try (since I really like ARMS and all), just the ones that don't seem like a cropped version of a larger game. :?
Oly-RRR

Postby Famimatsu » May 30th, 2018, 9:26 am

I'm so legitimately hype for the Let's Go games aaaaaaaaugh. I was just talking to my SO about it last night about how everything about it brings us back to being little kids playing our Gameboys. I vividly remember playing with those cruddy Burger King capsule Pokeballs to pretend catch/battle my Pokémon, and the new joycon just makes me so so so excited.
Plus I've wanted to start a game with an Eevee since Yellow. I hope I can evolve it into a Jolteon. ;u;
Famimatsu

Postby DracheLehre » May 30th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Famimatsu wrote:I vividly remember playing with those cruddy Burger King capsule Pokeballs to pretend catch/battle my Pokémon

I think I still have one of those hidden in my closet, somewhere.
DracheLehre

Postby Oly-RRR » May 30th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Famimatsu wrote:I'm so legitimately hype for the Let's Go games aaaaaaaaugh

THIS THIS THIS :mrgreen:

I got back to Po Go because of this (which is probably good for me right now, getting a bit more walking into my routine)! And I never felt the need for using Pokemon Bank and transferring pokemon in 3DS games because I can catch or trade or just enjoy the variety of pokemon (it's hard to pick only six out of each generation anyway) but with Po Go I feel like these stupid bytes and pixels actually walked some path with me over the last two years so I think I'm ready to spend some money on transferring them to Let's Go games (I'm pretty sure the transfer option will be tied to Nintendo's online subscription, the timing just fits too well). :oops:
Oly-RRR

Postby Randumbz » June 17th, 2018, 8:11 pm

This video is great

Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Oly-RRR » June 21st, 2018, 7:50 pm

I have ONE local friend playing Pokemon Go but we're both excited about upcoming friends feature and trading (only took them two years)...

Randumbz wrote:This video is great

I mostly feel uncomfortable over seeing a puppy being encouraged to chew plastic bags for pageviews but I'm real judgy when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Oly-RRR

Postby Captain Ghost » June 22nd, 2018, 11:08 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:I have ONE local friend playing Pokemon Go but we're both excited about upcoming friends feature and trading (only took them two years)...

Colour me excited as well! Finally, a chance to get some regional/rarer mons... I'm not super stoked about the stardust cost but it's something, at least~
Captain Ghost

Postby cloverthegreat » June 23rd, 2018, 12:31 pm

My Pokemon Go friend code is 2865 0143 0677 for anyone who wants to add me.
cloverthegreat

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games