Looking for Manga style artist(no longer looking for artist)

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

Looking for Manga style artist(no longer looking for artist)

Postby Misha Wolfe » August 8th, 2018, 9:07 pm

I no longer need a artist.
Last edited by Misha Wolfe on August 11th, 2018, 8:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Misha Wolfe

Re: Looking for Manga style artist

Postby K-cho » August 8th, 2018, 11:12 pm

You are way more likely to get serious inquiries from artists if you can share at least a little bit about what the story is about. Also any other information like: how long is the project, how many pages per month (for example) would you expect the artist to draw, is this going to be published somehow, is the artist going to be compensated for their work...

(By the way, my two cents is that since it sounds like you mainly want some inspiration at the moment, you could find an artist who is doing commissions and pay them to draw your characters or a brief scene from your story? I feel like that would be quicker and easier to arrange than trying to find someone to collaborate with you long-term, and you would still get the satisfaction of seeing your ideas illustrated. :) )
K-cho

Postby Misha Wolfe » August 8th, 2018, 11:34 pm

I could share maybe some of the basics of the story I guess. honestly I don't know how long its going to be & I'm willing to work with the artist on how many pages they do if I publish it somewhere. As for paying someone to do it I don't get much money so that will depend on there price. & thank you for the reply ^_^
Misha Wolfe

Postby The Santeri » August 9th, 2018, 8:11 am

As someone who has tried to help out an inspiring creator like you before, I have a bit of advice. First, if you're lost in thought or looking for inspiration, then having an artist make the story and manga for you is not the answer. If you give the artist more freedom on forming your story then it is no longer your story, its the artist's story. I recommend only searching out for an artist after you have the premise for your story down. If your looking for inspiration or that spark of creativity, trying watching animes or movies that are close to what you're trying to make, listen to music that sets the tone of the world your imagining, and as what was already mentioned before, try asking an artist to draw you a scenic design of your characters so you can have a clear idea on how they would look.
However, As a manga artist myself, most aren't going to want to make an entire manga for you for free. Making and designing a well-created manga takes a lot more effort than you can imagine, especially if you don't know how long the manga is going to last. So, I recommend trying to take it slow and build up your creativity before asking for a full-time artist to help out. Hope this helps in any way. ;)
The Santeri

Postby Misha Wolfe » August 9th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Thank you for the reply & yes it did help a little but 1 of my biggest problems is anime isn't very big where i live & i cant find many that are similar in any way. I am willing to pay as long as they have a reasonable price & are not greedy. & reason for my willing to change parts of the story is sometimes the artist has a better way of putting it.
Misha Wolfe

Return to Creative Collaboration