General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby Seven Rain » January 6th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:I bought SRPG Studio. Useful if you either get disillusioned about Fire Emblem going all fanservice and no substance or if you want to reproduce that experience from Echoes or something similar by making your own tactical RPG.

Oh wow I didn't even know that was a thing, or at least not a thing that's been released already. How is it? Did I miss a killer deal on it over the holidays and winter sales?
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » January 7th, 2019, 2:22 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Raging Ghost wrote:I bought SRPG Studio. Useful if you either get disillusioned about Fire Emblem going all fanservice and no substance or if you want to reproduce that experience from Echoes or something similar by making your own tactical RPG.

Oh wow I didn't even know that was a thing, or at least not a thing that's been released already. How is it? Did I miss a killer deal on it over the holidays and winter sales?

I was super hype to find out about SRPG studio a bit ago, even if it's not looking to be a 'anytime in the near future' purchase for me (mostly on account of funds and other projects that'd be taking priority atm)--

that said, yes, how is it? am also curious to know!
(I know it did go on sale to some extent but not sure how big a deal it was or not o: can't recall, was trying to tear myself away from it haha)

I love me some fire emblem/have a lot of fire emblem pals so the creator has a lot of appeal for me...
Captain Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » January 8th, 2019, 1:35 am

Captain Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

I was super hype to find out about SRPG studio a bit ago, even if it's not looking to be a 'anytime in the near future' purchase for me (mostly on account of funds and other projects that'd be taking priority atm)--

that said, yes, how is it? am also curious to know!
(I know it did go on sale to some extent but not sure how big a deal it was or not o: can't recall, was trying to tear myself away from it haha)

I love me some fire emblem/have a lot of fire emblem pals so the creator has a lot of appeal for me...

Well, I haven't created something with it and been only goofing around, so far, but it's a nice software.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » February 13th, 2019, 5:45 pm

New Nintendo Direct was hype. They didn't show off any Animal Crossing or confirm rumors like the Metroid Prime Trilogy or Erdrick DLC, but there were some hype reveals, and great port announcements for people that don't already own other consoles. I implore any of you Switch friends without a PS4 to play Dragon Quest XI and DQ Builders 2 when they come out.
Seven Rain

Postby TheJGamer » February 13th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Man the first Direct we had in a while was pretty epic in my opinion. Some I saw coming, like Mario Maker 2 and FE, but

Spoiler! :
Link's Awakening Remake?! That was one of the first Zelda games I ever played and I'm so glad there's a remake for it! (Although, my friends are pretty confused as to why Chain Chomps and Goombas are in the game since they never played it, lol.)

Final Fantasy 7 on Switch is awesome too. I've always wanted to play it due to how good it is and I'm finally going to get my chance at March. =) Like Seven said, DQXI looks amazing too! So many PS exclusives coming to the Switch, ahh!

Astral Chain looks really good too, I kind of want to buy it now.

Spoiler! :
I would buy Tetris 99 too, if it wasn't for fucking Online ruining everything.
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » February 14th, 2019, 2:21 am

If you're interested in FFVII I definitely recommend trying out Final Fantasy IX as well. I try not to be a butthole about FFVII being overrated like I used to, it's a really good game, but it overshadows some of the others due to it's snowballed hype and reputation. FFIX is an amazing game that gets overlooked a lot!
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » February 14th, 2019, 9:48 am

Though FFVII is my favorite of the series, I for sure tell people that I think IX has the best story out of any of them. It's my second favorite, the characters are amazing, and it really shouldn't be missed.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby eishiya » February 14th, 2019, 10:23 am

Hollow Knight sequel!
It'll be out for Switch, Windows, Mac, and Linux at launch.
eishiya

Postby Oly-RRR » February 17th, 2019, 4:37 pm

DRAGON BUILDERS 2!!! ...I haven't finished the plot part of Dragon Builders 1 yet (big bosses get kinda intense and I prefer dealing with them not in handheld mode) but it's very much my thing.

And yeah, Zelda is always something to be excited about. I'm actually glad Switch gets so many remakes because I missed so many games/series I enjoy now. :mrgreen:
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Raging Ghost » March 21st, 2019, 11:25 pm

Mother of Dracula.

Raging Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » April 4th, 2019, 10:18 am

If anyone wants to see the Chaosbane character trailers, it's in that spoiler tag. Also, a little reminder that the second Chaosbane beta is this month.

Spoiler! :

Raging Ghost

Postby Oly-RRR » April 10th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Dear Nintendo, please don't schedule so many events in different games on one weekend. :?
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Previous

Return to Video Games