Pokemon: Sword & Shield!

Pokemon: Sword & Shield!

Postby pixlyJolt » May 14th, 2019, 12:54 am

So, who's excited for the whole new, whole big bang about Sword & Shield? The new starters, the potential legendaries, the bringing back of Melmetal & such, & along with all that, do you think they'll bring back Pokémon Bank. If so, would you want them to let the Switch connect with the previous console, the DS? Tell me why down below! :D
pixlyJolt

Re: Pokemon: Sword & Shield!

Postby BudgieGryphon » May 14th, 2019, 8:57 pm

screaming out the window of the hype train
SCORBUNNY SOCIETY!!!
BudgieGryphon

Postby Oly-RRR » May 15th, 2019, 9:58 am

Haha, definitely excited!

I really want Pokemon Bank or a similar thing, not so much for my 3DS pokemon but for transferring my Go pokemon past Gen 1. So many Gen 2-4 pokemon I end up sending to the professor just to save the space. :cry:

I don't think it's realistic to expect Switch to connect to DS, it's more likely they'll make an option to transfer DS PokeBank contents into the (hypothetical) Switch PokeBank. For the record, I never used it on 3DS since I was pretty content with pokemon on each cart but I'd want some Gen 1-4 and Alolan pokemon in my Sword&Shield, definitely.

SO UNDECIDED ABOUT THE STARTERS, I LIKE THEM ALL

And I'd like the legendaries to be UK history influenced since it's what the new region seems all about. :mrgreen:
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Squirreltastic-Blue » May 15th, 2019, 10:15 am

I was thinking about the legendaries and the logos for both games seem to feature the same wolf-like head.
Could it be that the games main legend has an alternate form or a Latios-Latias type deal based on which version you're playing?
Squirreltastic-Blue

Postby Oly-RRR » May 15th, 2019, 10:18 am

Squirreltastic-Blue wrote:the same wolf-like head

That would be so cool!! :mrgreen: I'm all for a Latios-Latias deal woof!
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby pixlyJolt » May 15th, 2019, 11:28 am

I really hope they add some more Mega Evos & at least one more new Eeveelution, just to keep the roll going, from Gen 1, to Gen 2, Gen 4, Gen 6, might as well keep the pattern going on add on for Gen 8. What kind of functions or events do you think will happen? Since they showed this soccer stadium & the player in a uniform, I think that a soccer event thing will serve as the next Mantine Surf, for the ‘sport’ of Galar. A few other things I hope they keep up are taking care of your Pokémon, and some of the events that are similar to that ‘Legendary Year’, which was honestly surprising to me.
pixlyJolt

Postby Seven Rain » June 5th, 2019, 1:10 pm

The Direct didn't wow me as much as I'd hoped. I'm kinda over them making new battle gimmicks each game instead of sticking with the ones they already started. I'm also not fond of them completely getting rid of the puzzles and gimmicks of Pokemon Gyms in favor of soccer stadiums, but oh well. This is a long-running series and I can't complain too much about every little thing they don't carry over from old games, but I am a bit worried that I won't latch onto this game any more than I did the last few.
The actual graphics and new Pokemon designs are nice, though. I also like how they're going with the Let's Go style of seeing Pokemon out in the field. Other than the Gyms and Dynamax I don't really have any complaints, but I'm still hoping the game will have a lot more features and content than they're letting on. I know enhanced re-releases for Pokemon games has been a staple since Yellow, but for their first big console entry I hope they'll go more all-out on the initial version.
Seven Rain

Postby Valigarmander » June 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Zacian looks great.
Valigarmander

Postby Ulta » June 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I just got done watching the newest direct. I'm pretty excited myself!

Admittedly the only things I was a little meh about is the Dynamax, for the same reasons I saw some say already. It's a neat mechanic I guess, but it's now become another thing you gotta worry about in battles, in addition to Megas and Zmoves (speculating on that). If PG decides to keep these mechanics every single generation, Pokemon will get way too convoluted, moreso than it already is.

finally took them long enough to give us Co-op though geez. You took away the Co-op battle tower long ago and I was just itching to get at least a shred of that back. Everything looks exciting though, especially that Wild Area. If it's like Let's go where you see the pokemon in the overworld and can chain and hunt them like how that did it (just this time with actual battling to weaken them instead of Go's simple pokeball tosses), I will be a super happy camper!
Ulta

Postby BudgieGryphon » June 8th, 2019, 10:00 pm

Ulta wrote:
Admittedly the only things I was a little meh about is the Dynamax, for the same reasons I saw some say already. It's a neat mechanic I guess, but it's now become another thing you gotta worry about in battles, in addition to Megas and Zmoves (speculating on that). If PG decides to keep these mechanics every single generation, Pokemon will get way too convoluted, moreso than it already is.

Agreed about Dynamax. Due to the way sprites are done, it looks a a bit silly. And if they do this every gen competitive is going to be hell, I say this from knowledge as a competitive player. Hoping and praying that they won’t give this to us early-game, but the trailer is making me worry(although making it only possible in Gyms and Raid areas helps.)

And I’m getting Sword because I love love love Zacian. It’s big and powerful but at the same time its design is flowing and graceful. Zamazeta is cool too, but I’ve always had a preference for hyperoffense for some reason.
Speculation on Pokeball stuff: you will weaken the wild Pokemon like we’ve done in every single game, but the actual Pokeball toss will be done like Let’s Go did.
And yes I want a new Eeveelution like A LOT. Dragon or Flying type pleeeaaaasssseeee.
BudgieGryphon

Postby racarter » June 9th, 2019, 8:51 pm

I’m so excited for it! I just need to know version exclusives and the starter evolutions. Also if there’s going to be a new Eeveelution this generation! I hope so~
racarter

Postby Ulta » June 10th, 2019, 3:34 pm

I will say this though...while dynamax is a thing...

I am SO gonna raise a Wailord just to try have it go Dynamax...and crash the Switch.
Ulta

Postby HalfAssedChaos » June 11th, 2019, 9:39 am

Nah, Dynamax is freakin amazing! Pokemon Kaiju Battles! Raaaarg go shiny Dragonite! I'm super pumped for sword and shield, and Wooloo has already jumped into my list of top 5 loved pokemon.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby BudgieGryphon » June 11th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Did anyone else hear about how they may make some Pokemon unaccessible?
I was really scared for Talonflame for a second, then remembered the Fletchling weathervane we saw in the first Direct. Now I’m worrying about Quagsire and Altaria, so i’m going to rewatch both Directs to see if they’re in there. If I can’t use my sweet Unaware Quagsire to piss off other players, or have fun screwing with Dragon-types using Mega Altaria, I’m going to be VERY unhappy.
Also we’re all going to be mad if we can’t use Dynamax Wailord just for the fun of it.
BudgieGryphon

Postby Seven Rain » June 12th, 2019, 3:32 am

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Nah, Dynamax is freakin amazing! Pokemon Kaiju Battles!

I'd like it more if it didn't make the Pokemon look all red and ugly. That and I'm guessing they'll scrap Dynamax the second they release a new gen.

BudgieGryphon wrote:Did anyone else hear about how they may make some Pokemon unaccessible?

Yeah, apparently you can't move over Pokemon that aren't in this game's Regional Dex. I'm so sad, I wanted something big and crazy for the first core entry on a home console, but it seems like every new Pokemon gen has to be more and more limited and restrictive.

*EDIT*
Check out this like/dislike ratio.
Maybe Nintendo will actually listen to fans, since most generations they get very little backlash for removing content and making wack decisions. I've never seen a dislike bar that huge for a game that had people so hyped. Gamefreak knows Pokemon will print money regardless of criticism, but this is intense, I'll be interested to see if Pokemon fans take a strong enough stand here to get them to backpedal on at least the National Dex.
Seven Rain

Next

Return to Video Games