is this your first comic?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: is this your first comic?

Postby Emuu » April 16th, 2019, 3:52 pm

The Adventures of Hank, and my other comic Within These Walls are my first comics.
Emuu

Postby Ricelily » April 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm

"Here in the West" is my first webcomic for sure. I've made many comics (really short and often incomplete) before this one. I did a lot more fanfiction writing and I'd draw out scenes from my stories just to get them out on paper.

I've found some old comics I did years ago and I want to revisit and update some of them :3
Ricelily

Postby KamourianKing » April 17th, 2019, 2:26 am

Professionally yes, I have 2 other big stories and one short story. I mostly created my stories and characters in 2003/2004 and decided in Fallen Engel as I love my main character ( and drawing him too much haha)
KamourianKing

Postby TailsDrawsJunk » April 17th, 2019, 9:01 am

UnderCode isn't my first comic by a long shot, but it's the first one I've put so much planning and effort into.~ And a long comic that I fully intend to see through to the end despite my track record for the contrary.
TailsDrawsJunk

Postby mrnice » September 5th, 2019, 2:33 pm

It's my first comic that has more than 10 pages, I've created some short comics before. (Not counting the comics I made when I was a kid)
mrnice

Postby BudgieGryphon » September 5th, 2019, 6:14 pm

PMD: COL is my first comic. It’s been in story form for a little over two years now, first posted a year ago on a fanwiki somewhere as a PMD fanfic(oh god, the cringe.) I never finished it and the story details were very vague, and the entire thing was as gritty as you’d expect from a 13-year-old girl.
The story is now fully fleshed out, all I have to do is get myself to draw it, lol.
BudgieGryphon

Postby KatsuTG » September 6th, 2019, 1:20 am

My current project Stigma Chronicle isn't my first comic, but it's my first webcomic and the first one I actually put planning into and am gonna support for the long run. I made like stupid little comic strips and fake manga AUs before but this is my first real work and passion project, which seems to be the case with a lot of other people here but with theirs.
KatsuTG

Postby Socratatus » September 6th, 2019, 7:51 am

This is my first ever web comic.

I`ve done others privately in the past. Maybe I`ll stick those up too at some point.
A Steampunk\sword & sorcery tale.
https://ko-fi.com/socratatus
Socratatus

Postby RollingScone » September 6th, 2019, 8:31 am

No, well. I drew a fancomic before, and drew like 54 or 55 pages until I realized I was not in the fandom anymore ^^U So I deleted and started drawing my very own idea.

banner.png
banner.png (52.88 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
RollingScone

Postby LuckyFoot223 » September 6th, 2019, 5:41 pm

For me, Beloved Chains is the first comic I've ever took part in producing. I'm actually a writer and can't draw worth a damn but I was lucky to find an amazing artist who's helping me bring the story to life. :) So I get to discover the fun and frustrations of making comics. LOL
LuckyFoot223

Postby HolyGoldenCarter » September 7th, 2019, 1:50 am

There's two other comics I made before TCHSA: NMDFanfictionMon and Dragon Fails, the latter I'd like to turn into a future series. They were both Nitrome fanfictions in their own ways, but even though the former gave me a lot of ideas for TCHSA, I look back at Dragon Fails a lot more fondly because that's where I started getting my act together with my art style.
HolyGoldenCarter

Postby VampirePanda » September 7th, 2019, 11:01 am

Yeah this is my first comic actually. Which shouldn't be that hard to tell. I went to school for writing and only ever drew things as a hobby. I honestly didn't draw as much as I wanted too as a kid because I felt self conscious about my art. I always considered my self a "writer" first. I still kindof do. I mostly use art as a tool for story telling. In college I got an idea for a scifi story and for some reason I couldn't picture it as anything other than a comic. But I am terrible at art and can't hire someone else to do it for me...because I am poor. So I thought...that I have always wanted to be more dedicated to art, so why not try improving my own skills? The current comic I am doing is purely made for me to improve my art skills. I have treated the pages as mini art assignments and attempts at making my self do things outside of my comfort zone in terms of art. I have been working on my art on and off seriously for 2 years now. I still have a long way to go and my current comic is on hiatus because I am still learning even how making a comic works (not just the art). All and all I am really enjoy making this comic even if I am not sure if I will finish it or if it is any good, because I feel like I am learning a lot.
VampirePanda

Postby MooseMassey » September 21st, 2019, 8:46 pm

This is definitely not my first rodeo (though Ive got a TON to improve on, such as editing/architecture) I've always wanted to become a comic book artist ever since I was a kid reading Batman comics, Calvin and Hobbes and Garfield. Made my very first comic book when I was 6 years old, called 'Sherlock Doug Goes West'--It was a goofy a$$ old western comedy about this anthropomorphic talking dog and his friends bringing about justice to the wild west. Their arch nemesis was this evil cat named Suesue, who fell in love with one of the main protagonists and somehow got killed and turned into a ghost (she still haunted them until I finished the whole thing at age 8) lmao. The second one was 'Caity's Awesome Book of Coolness' when I was in middle school. It was a comic strip series of these goofy characters pulling random shenanigans in various settings, no real meaning or anything just silliness. The third was 'Dead Fred the Basehead' it was about a stoner drug addict zombie who ate various dishes from Taco Bell but with brains. His best friends were these two young orphans who were the only ones not afraid of him. One of the kids wore a traffic cone on their head as a funny hat. Made that one in high school. The fourth one was called Crusnic. It was a manga style comic (first one I attempted with that particular art style due to my obsession with anime) about a lady vampire driven by revenge with an insatiable bloodlust who wanted to avenge her boyfriend who was murdered by a rivaling clan. Turns out that he wasnt really dead and he became the actual antagonist of the plot (also made in high school, about 17 years old.) The fifth was called Red River Reaper, a GL webcomic about a young girl trying to master her magical abilities. (It might actually be still on this website LOL) This comic Im working on now, Into The Fire is my current one. Its a work in progress but I think its getting better. lol
MooseMassey

Postby kevintheradioguy » September 22nd, 2019, 12:12 am

Mine is, if we skip any comic strips, and oh boy, so many lessons have been learned that I'm ashamed of it. Then, "worst-first" is absolitely a thing, and I know that the next ones are going to be much better.

The fact it's not a very good one struck even when I was finishing the scenario, and I had an urge to scrap it, but I have been planning this story since 2013, and didn't want to get rid of it that easily. I have decided that it will allow me to learn, and develop, teach myself to draw same characters consistently; while maybe someone would like it enough to read it
kevintheradioguy

Postby colinmooredraws » October 16th, 2019, 3:51 pm

This is by far not my first comic, in any form.

River City is my fourth attempt at a proper webcomic. My first one was an absolute mess of a thing back in the golden days of webcomics, called Grayscale. A short lived attempt that made it to about 12 pages called Stark City Limits. Then one that I drew a few pages for but never posted.

I've also done a bunch of shorter comics, some fan comics, etc. Had more ideas for comics than I can count. And worked on some traditional print type comics.

It's been....a lot.
colinmooredraws

Previous

Return to General Discussion