'Last Update'

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

'Last Update'

Postby WMCFF » July 9th, 2009, 3:20 am

This is just a minor problem that I've just noticed, nothing serious. It doesn't really bother me, but I'm just reporting it.

Just creating a comic, I went to my profile to see what the banner would look like, and I saw that the 'Last Update' shows the following;
Last Update: December 31st 1969

I searched around a few other un-updated comics and saw the same. If there is already a topic like this, or you already know, sorry.
It's nothing major, I just thought you'd like to know.

-WMCFF
WMCFF

Re: 'Last Update'

Postby SuperBiasedMan » July 9th, 2009, 4:40 am

I think that was technically an intentional thing, just to basically show the comic hasn't updated yet.
It's probably the earliest date possible and so it'd be some kind of default date.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Re: 'Last Update'

Postby Pyroman » July 9th, 2009, 10:25 pm

SuperBiasedMan pretty much hit it on the head, but for a bit more explanation it displaying the day before the start of UNIX time. UNIX time is the measurement of seconds after January the 1st 1970, and it's just a very useful way of working out a point in time, and getting certain whole number results.

Anyway, it's just saying there no updates.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Return to Bugs & Glitches